Thread: iPad

Default iPad

I am struggling with this forum on my new iPad.
    Can anyone give me some tips how I can get a page of today's posts from all the forums like I can on my PC.
    There also does not seem any option to edit my posts which when you make as many nistakes as I do is a serious drawback
    I also cannot go directly to a specific page without scrolling the the pages one by one.
    Thanks.

vyv_cox is online now Registered User

Hi John,
    I'm typing this on my iPad perhaps five miles from you (windy, isn't it?) We bought a Vodafone sim on Thursday and had the shop set it up. Neither before then on UK Vodafone, on marina wifi or now, do we have the problems you describe. The tablet is pretty much identical in use to the laptop, other than the limited keyboard. Hope to join you in a few days, maybe we can compare machines then.
    Vyv

Edit text to test - no obvious problems.
    Last edited by vyv_cox; 15-04-12 at 14:36. Reason: Test
    Answers to some technical queries at http://coxengineering.sharepoint.com

Sounds like you are getting the mobile version of the forum. There's a setting somewhere on the forum (not the iPad) you need to change.
    Warning - Internet forums may contain nuts

See this recent thread:

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304595

Assuming that's the problem.

You can switch between the two formats using the links in fireball's post. It remembers the last one you used. (At least it does here.)
    Last edited by DaveRo; 15-04-12 at 16:48. Reason: Amplification

Thanks everyone

Logging out and back in solved the problem. It was stuck in the mobile format, which is probably more suited to the smaller screen of the iPhone than the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    Hi John,
    I'm typing this on my iPad perhaps five miles from you (windy, isn't it?) We bought a Vodafone sim on Thursday and had the shop set it up. Neither before then on UK Vodafone, on marina wifi or now, do we have the problems you describe. The tablet is pretty much identical in use to the laptop, other than the limited keyboard. Hope to join you in a few days, maybe we can compare machines then.
    Vyv

Edit text to test - no obvious problems.
    Looking forward to seeing you Viv.
    Spent 3 hours in the Cosmote office trying to connect our mifi to the iPad. Turns out the mifi was defective, at least I did not feel such an idiot not being able to get it to work.
    I hope the Easter bunny was kind to you.