Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quote Originally Posted by prv View Post
    Ah, well, if you live on board without going anywhere then it makes perfect sense. Seems an odd thing to want to do, but I guess that's a mobo / raggie thing - I have a boat to go sailing, not to sit around on

Pete
    Can't speak for mobos, but we're raggies and many of our raggie friends in the marina spend long periods simply living on board. We also have a boat to go sailing, but still have to go to work to pay for it. The boat, in a nice marina, is simply a nicer environment for living and working than the house.

No he was at cabin then at Gosport on winter rate mooring now on cheaper upper hamble, John is good at £ stretching!!

Quote Originally Posted by maby View Post
    The boat, in a nice marina, is simply a nicer environment for living and working than the house.
    +1

We lived a boat for couple of years when first married and there's something magical about living aboard a floating home. And if you can work from the boat too, well done.

Garold

Quote Originally Posted by Garold View Post
    +1

We lived a boat for couple of years when first married and there's something magical about living aboard a floating home. And if you can work from the boat too, well done.

Garold
    Glad I'm not alone on this! I work in IT sales and spend most of my working day writing bids and proposals - can do it from anywhere with a decent internet connection, so the marina is a very good option.