Hybrid View

Default St Katherines & Olympics

Hi,

I was just in discussion with a friend who has a boat moored in by Canary Wharf. He said that he had heard that St Katherines had asked most of the boats to leave for the olympics..is this true..?

No. They have, however, just asked my friend who berths there for c3000 for a six week period during the Olympics for a 43' boat, effectively kicking her out cos she won't pay that!

Crazy!

I guess everyone is looking to make as much as they can during the Olympics

Curious,as previous posts on here have reported that visitor prices have been held at normal rates.?

Brayman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Curious,as previous posts on here have reported that visitor prices have been held at normal rates.?
    I thought that was just for the Jubilee weekend?

Ahhh.....you may well be correct .

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    I made an enquiry a year or so back, received an email from them a few weeks ago offering 2 olympic weeks for about 3700, with a 2 day window either side to arrive/depart.

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    I made an enquiry a year or so back, received an email from them a few weeks ago offering 2 olympic weeks for about 3700, with a 2 day window either side to arrive/depart.
    They don't even reply to emails now. Several of my fellow residents have made enquiries re moorings and nothing heard.I feel they have their financial eyes elsewhere at the moment. Many of us are looking elswhere after the shows. St Katts are not doing themselves any favours to mainstay customers.

Mayby, st kats don't do contracts on an annual basis, everyone is technically a visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by rosssavage View Post
    No. They have, however, just asked my friend who berths there for c3000 for a six week period during the Olympics for a 43' boat, effectively kicking her out cos she won't pay that!
    How can they get away with that? Is she an annual berth holder? There's certainly no provision in our marina's rule book to ask people that have paid in advance to vacate their berths so that the management can let them out to someone else!