Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rivonia is offline Registered User

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jimbaerselman View Post
    Exactly.

I think the other two sections are for bulk water (so much per cu m)
    And bulk waste (so much per cu m)

And a little stamp costing 0.88 should also be added . . . but you often have to buy that from the local tax office, which is never open outside civil service hours. So if you really want to surprise the port police, buy several of these stamps when you do find an open tax office. then just hand one over . . .
    I three years cruising the Greek waters and checking in and out at the Port Police, we have NEVER had to pay for a stamp yet!

Peter

jimbaerselman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rivonia View Post
    I three years cruising the Greek waters and checking in and out at the Port Police, we have NEVER had to pay for a stamp yet!

Peter
    Dodecanese as well? If so, they may have given up. That would be sensible . . .
    JimB
    http://jimbsail.info helps Skippers plan Europe Cruises

It is worth following JimB's advice and buying a few of those tax stamps at 88 euro cents. When the tax office is in a different town and several miles away it can cost much more the the 88 cents to get hold of one. We have also found Sundays can be a problem if the port police insist you have one and the office is shut.

Quote Originally Posted by rivonia View Post
    I three years cruising the Greek waters and checking in and out at the Port Police, we have NEVER had to pay for a stamp yet!r
    Neither have we when mooring in a port but give the current situation in Greece we may well start having to!

The one time we were asked for the stamp was in Zea Marina when we foolishly did an unprompted change to the crew list. The port police had a nice little bit of paper with a map and Greek explanation of what we required for the tax office. After all this explanation, he then said there was no point in going as the office was on strike just then - would we please bring him 2 stamps when we were next passing through.....