Default Boat refit - on the home straight now

We went to see our boat on Saturday. It is in a state of complete mess internally, which was actually encouraging The rewiring work has started and most of the replacement electrical parts were lined up around the boat so it should now just be a case of wiring it all up, fitting the new appliances, dropping in the completely rebuilt engines, testing it all out, sea trailed and then a final hand-over to me

I am hoping for a hand-over mid May which should let us go somewhere and stay overnight for the June Bank Holidays. As a lunch-time only visitor to other marinas I have yet to experience much of the social side of boating and hope that an overnight stay somewhere will let us meet up for the first time with a few formites. I will definitely stock up the new fridge in anticipation

z1ppy is offline Registered User

Great to hear progress for you! if i ever meet you theres a drink with your name on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Seahope View Post
    We went to see our boat on Saturday. It is in a state of complete mess internally, which was actually encouraging The rewiring work has started and most of the replacement electrical parts were lined up around the boat so it should now just be a case of wiring it all up, fitting the new appliances, dropping in the completely rebuilt engines, testing it all out, sea trailed and then a final hand-over to me

I am hoping for a hand-over mid May which should let us go somewhere and stay overnight for the June Bank Holidays. As a lunch-time only visitor to other marinas I have yet to experience much of the social side of boating and hope that an overnight stay somewhere will let us meet up for the first time with a few formites. I will definitely stock up the new fridge in anticipation
    sounds like you are at last on the homeward straight, been a long tough time for you. Hope to see you on the water at some point!

rbcoomer is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

Great news! I was wondering how you were getting on a few weeks back - seems to have been an eternity since you first posted and the anticipation in your house must be tangible by now!

Good luck with the sea trials and if you're ever down this far a beer awaits you here too!
    S.Devon Pub Meets: ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3853165
    Fletcher Rally: swfbr.org.uk

oGaryo is offline Registered User

Likewise, great news that all the hard work is coming to fruition... would be good to see some pictures of the finsihed article
    Please donate: Breast Cancer research http://www.justgiving.com/Gary-Pearson4