Default Removing Water Marks From Teak Cockpit

We fitted Teak decking to the cockpit of our Sealine 420 last year and it still looks great except where the hood has been leaking leaving water marks in several areas. Any ideas how to get rid of them.

Thanks

Geoff
    You dont need eyes to see you need vision.

Wessex 2part cleaner, job done!

rafiki_ is offline Registered User

Oxalic acid will also bring any dirt or stains out. The poor mans way to clean the teak, and many other things too.

I have this job to do on Rafiki either this or next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki_ View Post
    Oxalic acid will also bring any dirt or stains out. The poor mans way to clean the teak, and many other things too.

I have this job to do on Rafiki either this or next weekend.
    Yes I also use oxalic acid, particularly if the teak is very dirty, but nothing does the job as well as Wessex (or other companies equivalent).

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki_ View Post
    I wouldn't use oxalic acid on dirty teak, it'll end up patchy. Oxalic acid is part 2 of the Wessex system (and every other 2 part teak treatment), and you use it to restore the colour after you've cleaned it with part 1.

Thanks for the info guys, I have the Wessex gear but as the decking is still as new was reluctant to use it as it is only a few areas of water staining.
    You dont need eyes to see you need vision.