Default Reliable reasonable engineer Plymouth? VP 280 Leg.

Guys,

My recent purchase is on the hard at a yard in Plymouth (where I bought) having had a hull polish and antifoul...I had also instructed a local engineer who has a lock up container within the yard to carry out a service on the leg for me....

However I'm lead to believe that he has yet to start the job and with me wanting to arrange the transport to bring the boat back to Wales asap can anyone in the Plymouth area put me in touch with a mobile engineer who could carry out the works please?

Thanks in advance, Rob.
    Last edited by RobWales; 24-04-12 at 14:34. Reason: Hit wrong button....numpty!

neale is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RobWales View Post
    Guys,

My recent purchase is on the hard at a yard in Plymouth (where I bought) having had a hull polish and antifoul...I had also instructed a local engineer who has a lock up container within the yard to carry out a service on the leg for me....

However I'm lead to believe that he has yet to start the job and with me wanting to arrange the transport to bring the boat back to Wales asap can anyone in the Plymouth area put me in touch with a mobile engineer who could carry out the works please?

Thanks in advance, Rob.
    What about the http://www.marine-engineering-looe.co.uk/ http://www.sm4.co.uk/volvopenta.htm?

Alternatively if it is being transported by road, why not get it done once you have it closer to home. You could even do it yourself, it isn't too difficult.

Neale, thanks I've emailed and rung a few of the obvious candidates in that area only to be told thanks but no thanks very busy!

Regarding a diy job, yes I guess I could do it as quite competent but finding the time is my problem, the guy promised to whip the leg off and do the works while the yard were doing the polish etc for me...however I can't even raise him on the phone now and have been trying for a week!

Plan was to get her back to Wales and straight onto her berth :-(

Quote Originally Posted by RobWales View Post
    Neale, thanks I've emailed and rung a few of the obvious candidates in that area only to be told thanks but no thanks very busy!

Regarding a diy job, yes I guess I could do it as quite competent but finding the time is my problem, the guy promised to whip the leg off and do the works while the yard were doing the polish etc for me...however I can't even raise him on the phone now and have been trying for a week!

Plan was to get her back to Wales and straight onto her berth :-(
    I guess it's that time of year, everyone wants their boats fettled in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry can't be of further help.

Now I reckon it will take about four hours or so to get from Plymouth to Wales so I think you could do it on the back of the lorry on the way

Now I reckon it will take about four hours or so to get from Plymouth to Wales so I think you could do it on the back of the lorry on the way!

Hmmm! strums fingers on the desk while looking at the ceiling! lol

Try ABS ( All Boat Rervices ) at Yachthaven, Mountbatten, Plymouth.

Speak to John Ainsworth or Nick Nutt on 01752-492609.

If they can't help you let me know and I'll try to rustle up someone else to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by runner911 View Post
    Try ABS ( All Boat Rervices ) at Yachthaven, Mountbatten, Plymouth.

Speak to John Ainsworth or Nick Nutt on 01752-492609.

If they can't help you let me know and I'll try to rustle up someone else to do the job.
    Many thanks for this reply...(However)

Have had an update from the yard this morning and they have secured the services of another engineer who will be doing the job for me Thur/Fri...

So all being well and weather permitting! I should be sending the lorry to collect her early next week.

Thanks again.
    Rob.