Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Royal Harwich Yacht Club

Some time last year I posted a message regarding the RHYC being agreeable to me motoring from Pin Mill and stopping at their pontoon briefly to pick up 2 crew. At the time I never did but would now like to sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Assuming this is OK in pincple still, does anyone know who I can contact to ask?

Thanks

Sniper is online now Registered User

I've wondered the same thing. The RHYC website lists a number for their Berth Master: 07742 145994 Do let us know what the response is! Personally I'd be happy to pay a reasonable fee for the facility if necessary.

I don't think that anything has changed since last year. Jeff Prentice is still in charge of the Marina assisted by Ollie.

http://www.royalharwichyachtclub.co.uk/marina.html

As long as the hammerhead is not busy and you ask Jeff nicely i cannot really see him objecting even if it is technically for members and paying visitors. To be honest my sister dropped a heavily pregnant crew member off somewhere within the MDL marina at Woolverstone and they were also very friendly when asked! She only did it there because of traffic at RH.

willfinch36 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    their Berth Master: 07742 145994
    Indeed, the chief midwife is GEOFF

In a similar vein what does King's think of people using their new pontoon at Pin Mill for such activity? We have limited draft so could sometimes get alongside there...

Sniper is online now Registered User

I don't think that would be a problem. The Pin Mill Marina Development is for PMSC members as well as Gus' customers, so I imagine the normal courtesy to visiting yachtsmen/women would be extended. If you are local and a regular user, however, joining the club would be the polite thing to do.

surekandoo is offline Registered User
    Location : Home:Nottinghamshire Boat: Blackwater Marina, Essex

stopped there last summer to drop crew member off. Called them up on the radio beforehand and they gave the OK. Stayed about 30 mins and thanked them when I left.
    I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat most of them exactly. - Peter Cook

If you stay a bit longer and have something to eat or drink in the club there is no charge, visitors very welcome.

nigelm is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Leighb View Post
    If you stay a bit longer and have something to eat or drink in the club there is no charge, visitors very welcome.
    That's useful to know , we will be up that way on our 2 wk cruise up the coast at edna july n start of aug ..
    Gentlemen dont sail to windward .
    "Micaralee" Countess 28 .

Quote Originally Posted by nigelm View Post
    That's useful to know , we will be up that way on our 2 wk cruise up the coast at edna july n start of aug ..
    Just to clarify, that is no charge for a few hours during the day, we do charge for overnight, but less than MDL next door.