Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jecuk View Post
    Sure but wind doesn't bother me so much not being tupperware. Branches etc no different to the tideway.

I guess my point is that we tend to freak out a bit on the non-tidal by a couple of knots of flow. Some boats clearly are exposed badly to it but if you have a boat that can go on the tideway, I can't see the problem.
    My sentiments exactly. Or take the case where coastal boaters battle with 5 knots plus in marinas just to berth.

Having never faced this situaltion before, can you still transit the river and locks on red boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Brayman View Post
    Has anyone ever seen an orange "Caution Low Flow" board as shown between Sonning and Shiplake this afternoon?
    My fault ....

I was updating the site , and clicked the wrong box. It can't have been up for longer than 2 or 3 minutes , you must have been quick.

Yellow from Sandford down now , except Marlow which is red.

Brayman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by teddington_lock View Post
    My fault ....

I was updating the site , and clicked the wrong box. It can't have been up for longer than 2 or 3 minutes , you must have been quick.

I think it came in one of the emails as well, Howard.

jecuk is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Deefor View Post
    Having never faced this situaltion before, can you still transit the river and locks on red boards?
    Yes. The lockkeepers are required to hand you a little piece of paper if it is on reds but otherwise fine. Nice aspect is you get to know the lockkeepers. Much like when I forgot to display my registration....
    Last edited by jecuk; 26-04-12 at 22:06.

My earlier post was (of course!) meant tongue in cheek
    Certainly a few extra knots of flow is no issue going upstream, which is what I'll be doing this Saturday. And yes, I was being oh-so-good (and slow) on the tideway last weekend, Paul. Didn't seem right to floor it past the group just to get to the front, but it was tempting!

That said, good point about the flotsam, but then I did manage to pick that up last weekend (in heaps!) - hopefully my luck should fair better now

Quote Originally Posted by Ramage View Post
    After the conditions on the tidal last weekend, and given the power of Heaven Spent's engines, I don't think you will have too much trouble on Yellow Boards.
    Sarah will shotly be posting a picture of Silver Dragon cutting through the chop, too. Facebook...

Do you think Heaven Spent doing a figure of eight would have bee too much? LOL!!!

My fault ....

CORRECTION - Marlow to Cookham is Red (Cookham on RED)

Yes , sorry , I was just reading from our ticklist that we use when updating the site

Yes , sorry , I was just reading from our ticklist that we use when updating the site
    What other options can you display?

You have been warned -

Posted by Environment Agency TV on YouTube

http://youtu.be/4F6ixkzzpxY