Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bahco scrapers

WilliamUK is offline Registered User

I'm assuming these guys are the distributors for Bahco kit.

SNA Europe [UK & Ireland]
    Telephone: (01709) 731 731
    FAX: (01709) 731 741
    Email: info.uk@snaeurope.com

Details from the Bahco Website.

There's a chance they could tell you where to get what you need.
    William
    Blithe Spirit - Lark 1804.

You dont have to get stuff delivered to home of course. You could get it delivered to the yard/harbour office/whatever other address is around for delivery. Most online suppliers allow separate delivery and billing addresses.
    If you're not confused, you're probably misinformed

Nigel_Ward is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfleet View Post
    I have one of these excellent devices. But it's gone blunt. Finding new blades is... interesting. You can buy them on line, but I live in Essex while the boat (and me) are in Yorkshire. Can anyone suggest somewhere you can buy Bahco/Sandvik scraper blades in Hull or Sheffield. I mean a shop where I can walk in, give them money and walk out with a blade. Yes I know, how quaint. I think someone in Bahco has upset google by the way, because googling doesn't help at all.
    I live in Hull and had the same problem getting Bahco blades. (bought the original from B&Q but they no longer have them)

I went to Westoby, Boulevard , Hull. They had a different make of scraper with blades having two retaining holes. http://www.westoby.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

I bought one and it stays in with the single clamp screw on the Bahco. Quite a bit cheaper than Bahco!

philip_stevens is offline Registered User
    Location : live near Saint Ives, Cornwall, moorings at Falmouth, laid-up at Penzance

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfleet View Post
    I have one of these excellent devices. But it's gone blunt. Finding new blades is... interesting. You can buy them on line, but I live in Essex while the boat (and me) are in Yorkshire. Can anyone suggest somewhere you can buy Bahco/Sandvik scraper blades in Hull or Sheffield. I mean a shop where I can walk in, give them money and walk out with a blade. Yes I know, how quaint. I think someone in Bahco has upset google by the way, because googling doesn't help at all.
    http://search.diy.com/search#w=scraper%20blade have straight blades for both Hamilton and Bahco scrapers. That's where I got mine from.

I also got the straight and triangular blades from the local http://www.homehardware.ca/en/cat/se...+scraper&Num=1 store.

Default Axminster Tools Stock These-Stores in Nuneaton, Warrington, Kent and Devon

May not help much in Hull but may help others searching for these

Quote Originally Posted by philip_stevens View Post
    http://search.diy.com/search#w=scraper%20blade have straight blades for both Hamilton and Bahco scrapers. That's where I got mine from.

I also got the straight and triangular blades from the local http://www.homehardware.ca/en/cat/se...+scraper&Num=1 store.
    ....And I've found suitable TC replacement blades for my Hamilton scrapers in other, smaller B&Q stores.

Oh, and I've been advised to grind down the corners of each. That's tedious, but not as tedious as filling/sanding/gelcoating/painting the gouges.

Good scraping!

nimbusgb is online now Registered User

CYS Chandlers in Levkas and the hardware store opposite Carrefour in Levkas both have them on display, A bit wide of Hull though

See if you can locate a woodworking equipment supplier near you. These blades are really made as electric plane blades. I got a box of 10 for 28, way below B&Q price (and our club member who has a joinery works and tipped me off about this pays a hell of a lot less with his trade discount but I needed them quickly). There are two hole types and holeless ones. The Hamilton scraper uses the two hole, don't know about Bahco.

I don't know what type your scraper is, but I have cut down electric planer blades to fit my Harris one. I cut it using a diamond abrasive disc in a dremel. When it's a bit blunt for planing, it's still fine for paint scraping.
    I have some other scrapers that I have trained SWMBO to sharpen with a file!

DogWatch Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamUK View Post
    I'm assuming these guys are the distributors for Bahco kit.

SNA Europe [UK & Ireland]
    Telephone: (01709) 731 731
    FAX: (01709) 731 741
    Email: info.uk@snaeurope.com

Details from the Bahco Website.

There's a chance they could tell you where to get what you need.
    I don't have a Bahco scraper