Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a bxxxer

nevis is offline Registered User

Unhappy What a bxxxer

After a few days sailing,I was returning to my mooring on Loch Creran.when I got tangled in a trot of fishermans pots they were all in a line held together with 18mm floating line,I saw them and altered course to avoid but didn't notice the line luckily a local.boat was following.he stopped to help and cut the rope and towed me to my mooring.Well that's the weekend bxxxered as I will have to wait until Monday to sort it

Bleeding dangerous set up. Suggest you go out with a sharp knife and sink the whole bl00dy lot.

Alba Venturer, (60 feet, or more) got caught up the same way, just the other day, near Iona. Tobermory lifeboat towed her to Oban. Could have been nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanS View Post
    Alba Venturer, (60 feet, or more) got caught up the same way, just the other day, near Iona. Tobermory lifeboat towed her to Oban. Could have been nasty.
    Yes I was in OBan marina when they arrived.me sheltering from the gale which lasted 24 hours

Would it not be possible to sue the fishermen concerned for damages?

Default three times so far

been caugh three times so far

the last lot did for the slug's back end

Dylan

PS never eaten lobster - don't like crab

Is there no laws regards where pots can be placed?
    If I ever get tangled in pots which I deem to be in navigable water I will go back at a later date and use a grapple and rip the lot out and dispose of them in deeper water less their floats.
    Why are lobster/crab fishermen so selfish that they dont consider other passage makers when they drop their trots.
    C_W
    Holiday Flat to let in Millport , pm for details.

Seajet is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde_Wanderer View Post
    Is there no laws regards where pots can be placed?
    If I ever get tangled in pots which I deem to be in navigable water I will go back at a later date and use a grapple and rip the lot out and dispose of them in deeper water less their floats.
    Why are lobster/crab fishermen so selfish that they dont consider other passage makers when they drop their trots.
    C_W
    +1, The law of the sea apparently means nothing to these low lives, a far cry from truly professional fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by iain789 View Post
    Would it not be possible to sue the fishermen concerned for damages?
    I phoned the coastguard today to complain,as we don't know whose pots they are it seems there is not much we can do.I will take it up with MRC management on monday meanwhile it's spoiled my weekend as I have had to run the boat on shore to dry out this morning I uncoiled 6turns round the prop only just got back afloat as it's neaps and high water is in half an hour. Also I heard that another boat.had the same problem last week. But managed to clear the rope.

Wansworth is offline Registered User

My limited experience of professional fishermen is they think the world owes them a living and they certainly have more right than a yachtee on the use of the sea.