Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Firefly211 is offline Registered User

Default Fusion Stereo Radio Reception = Sub Standard Crystal set!!!

Right, am a bit p****d off! Last summer I bought a very nice Fusion 600 stereo and never got round to fitting it till last weekend. I butchered the nav station panel to take it. Had to move the Glomex and Eberspacher as the Fusion needs a bit more space around it for the drop down panel. Nav panel looks like a culender. Grrr

iPod works great with excellent sound and love the zones function... but the radio is God awful...and I mean truly awful. The previous VDO Dayton unit was fine and the Fusion? Well it's cr**p. I have tried three other antennas with no improvement and as I have had it so long I don't think I can rightly take it back to supplier?

Anyone else had any problem with Fusion?

Sorry to rant - but it took me hours and I've done more harm than good!

I fitted the same model in the winter.
    2 zones 4 speakers..

It seems to work just fine on Ipod, Radio and aux inputs.

I just connected it to the same ariel as the old Pioneer car radio was using.

Perhaps you have a dud set? can you return it to the supplier?

I might very well have a dud. But like I said I bought it from force4 last summer when I was on my hols and finally fitted it last week. I will give them a call and see what they can do re a replacement.

Glad yours is ok though Like I said the iPod side is fantastic!

So you've not had it a year. Seeing as Fusion seems to be a "premium" brand I'd say that it'll have a min of a years warranty on it. I'd be back there with it. Force 4 seem a fairly pro bunch. I can't see them not giving you an exchange, especially as you've had to cut the boat about to fit it. Give it a go, what have you got to loose?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryH View Post
    So you've not had it a year. Seeing as Fusion seems to be a "premium" brand I'd say that it'll have a min of a years warranty on it. I'd be back there with it. Force 4 seem a fairly pro bunch. I can't see them not giving you an exchange, especially as you've had to cut the boat about to fit it. Give it a go, what have you got to loose?
    Doesn't need a warranty. It is not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act.

prv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by st599 View Post
    Doesn't need a warranty. It is not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act.
    +1, and although SoGA needs you to report "not fit for purpose" within a reasonable time, buying something but not fitting it for a while is recognised as a valid reason for delay.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by prv View Post
    +1, and although SoGA needs you to report "not fit for purpose" within a reasonable time, buying something but not fitting it for a while is recognised as a valid reason for delay.

Pete
    I believe "Reasonable time" is five years in England, six in Scotland.

I have the 200 model, which picks up the radio fine with a small aerial.
    Living the dream!
    www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk

We have a Simrad Sonic Hub which is a rebadged Fusion and the reception is fine - antenna was installed by Jeanneau with the boat and seems to be an active dipole installed under the shelf behind the bench.

Default Urm, sorry Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly211 View Post
    Right, am a bit p****d off! Last summer I bought a very nice Fusion 600 stereo and never got round to fitting it till last weekend. I butchered the nav station panel to take it. Had to move the Glomex and Eberspacher as the Fusion needs a bit more space around it for the drop down panel. Nav panel looks like a culender. Grrr

iPod works great with excellent sound and love the zones function... but the radio is God awful...and I mean truly awful. The previous VDO Dayton unit was fine and the Fusion? Well it's cr**p. I have tried three other antennas with no improvement and as I have had it so long I don't think I can rightly take it back to supplier?

Anyone else had any problem with Fusion?

Sorry to rant - but it took me hours and I've done more harm than good!
    I hereby offer many and complete apologies to Fusion. Clearly the instructions said to set the regional settings to Europe and not the default USA. Once I had a chat with em about my problem it was resolved in about 20 secs. Now have great reception. If only stupid people (like me) would read the bl**dy instructions!