Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone seen the shackles for my sails?

I put them somewhere safe in October, now it's time to bend the sails on and I can't find them
    Boaty Photographer http://grahamsnook.com
    YM's Tech Ed and new boat tester

Hmm... I left the mainsail tack shackle attached to the gooseneck fitting, the clew one attached to the outhaul runner in the boom, and I couldn't get the one that attached to the halyard off If I wanted to. Likewise for the genoa. So that's where I'd look for them.

Whoever has pinched this lot - could they return the Clevis pin from my boom strut?
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

I always leave rig shackles attached to one side or the other of what they used to hold together.

Not that that's much help to you now

Pete

Look in the chart table. Things like that always migrate towards the chart table.

The fun is reuniting all the other 'losts and founds' whilst searching for, er, I forget now, what was I looking for again?

Mine are often found precariously perched by the grab rail on the deck where I put them down when taking off the sails at the end of last season....

A minor issue Snooks. Put some new ones on and you will find the old ones straight away.

I managed to lose / forget the link at the top of my forestay, only discovered when the backstay was too short and the mast leaned forwards . . Then of course I found it the next day so had a pleasant hour or so up the mast with no forestay connected trying to fit the link. With mobos going past making wash - you scream at them to slow down and they look around but never upwards.

The inside of my thighs is still sore after clinging to the mast like a monkey on a stick. I swear there are finger shaped depressions in the ally mast.

They're probably in the same place as the fittings I noticed and intended to pick up just before I started pressure washing and blasted them into the nearest bush.
    One hull good, two hulls better.

I have one locker where such things are always put (usually). Small items such as screws and clevis pins go into minigrip bags with a description written on it; e.g. "Don't know what these are for but better keep them in case they're important".
    "Our business in life is not to succeed but to continue to fail in good spirits." RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast