Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    oGaryo is online now Registered User

Default Anyone on here had their Rinker 250 Fiesta Vee Canopy replaced by Tecsew?

Long shot I know but I'd be interested to hear what you think of the canopy if this is your boat.

http://www.tecsew.com/component/joom...t-canopies-655

Ours is very much on the way out with the material parting from zips in two places and from the window panels in another two.. seems to have shrunk during the winter so it's incredibly tight and some poppers are simply impossible to reach with the shrinkage.

I've been quoted 2100 + vat by Tecsew to implement the same on our Rinker 250.. the price includes the provision of the stainless frame to extend the rear of the canopy from the standard Rinker slant back to square frame.
    Please donate: Breast Cancer research http://www.justgiving.com/Gary-Pearson4

ANDY59 is offline Registered User

Hi Gary , we had a tecsew canopy on our old Bav 30 and we could not find fault with the quality of the workmanship and fit . It didnt leak a drop and allways stayed nice and tight and it had velcro flaps in all the right places .
    Congrats in getting the leg back on BTW .

P4Paul is offline Registered User

They made a spray hood and cockpit cover for our last yacht. I was really impressed by TecSew who took time to understand what we wanted and the covers were delivered and fitted on time, I would recommend them to anyone.

http://www.tecsew.com/gallery/cockpi...kpit-enclosure

Can't remember the price but 2.5k inc VAT springs to mind so guess the pricing is about right.

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY59 View Post
    Hi Gary , we had a tecsew canopy on our old Bav 30 and we could not find fault with the quality of the workmanship and fit . It didnt leak a drop and allways stayed nice and tight and it had velcro flaps in all the right places .
    Congrats in getting the leg back on BTW .
    thanks Andy on both counts.. had a little help with the leg in the end (well lots actually) with the desired outcome.

regarding the canopy, the one in the link looks really well put together.. the dillema I have is SWMBO is pressing to change the boat to something larger so I need to decide whether to invest 2.5K in a boat we're likely to change later this year or early next or just have the repairs done to the existing canopy which is still in good condition material wise, it's just the seams are starting to pull with it being overly taught.... a repair job would be < 100 with the other monies going towards savings for the new boat.

personally, I'm happy with the Rinker for now, especially considering I've got the engine and leg just right + the square back of the canopy would create more usable space I guess.
    Last edited by oGaryo; 29-04-12 at 23:11.

Quote Originally Posted by P4Paul View Post
    They made a spray hood and cockpit cover for our last yacht. I was really impressed by TecSew who took time to understand what we wanted and the covers were delivered and fitted on time, I would recommend them to anyone.

http://www.tecsew.com/gallery/cockpi...kpit-enclosure

Can't remember the price but 2.5k inc VAT springs to mind so guess the pricing is about right.
    thanks Paul... I've sent them an email tonight and mentioned you (after I did a search on the forum)... will gauge your thoughts a little more over a beer at the weekend if I may

Quote Originally Posted by oGaryo View Post
    thanks Andy on both counts.. had a little help with the leg in the end (well lots actually) with the desired outcome.

regarding the canopy, the one in the link looks really well put together.. the dillema I have is SWMBO is pressing to change the boat to something larger so I need to decide whether to invest 2.5K in a boat we're likely to change later this year or early next or just have the repairs done to the existing canopy which is still in good condition material wise, it's just the seams are starting to pull with it being overly taught.... a repair job would be < 100 with the other monies going towards savings for the new boat.

personally, I'm happy with the Rinker for now, especially considering I've got the engine and leg just right + the square back of the canopy would create more usable space I guess.
    You are not going to get the money back if you sell it, I would just do the repairs for now. keep the beer tokens for a bigger boat
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by landlockedpirate View Post
    You are not going to get the money back if you sell it, I would just do the repairs for now. keep the beer tokens for a bigger boat
    understand the financial thinking Mark but the existing canopy is starting to get right on me man boobs so there's the convenience element to factor in too...

Gary, looks like this new canopy would give you a lot more space when the weather is bad.... looks good to me. Also a boat with brand new covers is easier / quicker to sell...

ANDY59 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly625 View Post
    Gary, looks like this new canopy would give you a lot more space when the weather is bad.... looks good to me. Also a boat with brand new covers is easier / quicker to sell...
    I would totally agree with that , plus there is nothing worse than getting wet when you want to be dry .

rafiki_ is offline Registered User

Gary, I have just had a new canopy on Rafiki. This is in 2 parts, front and rear of the radar arch. We had an additional frame added to the front to give a bimini effect in case the sun ever appears again. We also have 4 removeable windows so we can run with full hood up and lots of air. Good quality canvas and thicker window panels than the original.

Total cost under 1500 from www.harrishoods.co.uk

Chris is an absolute star. Does the OE hoods for Trusty Boats too.