Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Quote-u-like:

Passengers in submarines are known as "Oxygen Thieves".
    Next time, it'll all be different.

Martin_J is offline Registered User

Not very easy to sit up in the morning then...

Martin_J is offline Registered User

Reminds me of a windsurfing trip round France (many moons ago) and we though it would be a great idea to sleep in the new concrete drain pipes that were stacked up in the corner of a beach car park one night..

I guess they were the same size as those tubes.. as well as finding you couldn't sit up in the morning, you had to lie straight.. curled up was jut not an option

john_morris_uk is offline Registered User

Not much room to sit up. On the first boat I rode the first tray I slept in was next to a live TLAM (missile). The brief from the person who showed me where to sleep went, "Don't play with it, don't fiddle with it, don't write on it, just leave it alone!"
    Wishing things away is not effective.

Quote Originally Posted by john_morris_uk View Post
    Not much room to sit up. On the first boat I rode the first tray I slept in was next to a live TLAM (missile). The brief from the person who showed me where to sleep went, "Don't play with it, don't fiddle with it, don't write on it, just leave it alone!"
    Some thousand odd years ago, I was on Submarine Valiant. We were detailed for a live firing excersise with the weapon of the moment.

My fore-endys (some will know) and myself duly wrote stuff all over the torpedo, as you do.

The excercise was cancelled. I got the one way interview, negative biscuits.

The biggest pain in the life of a Weapon Compartment rating, ever, by far were those *************** bunk trays!!!!

Run silent, run deep.....