Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

really don't see how anyone can fai
    rly criticise the OP for reporting the facts - even Crusader. Mind you i don't understand the OP spending so much on a boat that old.

Quote Originally Posted by wotayottie View Post
    Mind you i don't understand the OP spending so much on a boat that old.
    Sounds familiar
    www.guapa.pn
    Be realistic - aim for the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by lustyd View Post
    Please don't call me an idiot. I realise you quoted the OP, it's the same text I was quoting it's just I read it properly and you made several assumptions.

Even if they did agree to deliver on the Friday - which also was not confirmed, that in no way says the sail was definitely complete earlier in the week. I could promise to deliver you a cake next Friday but that doesn't mean I've already baked it.
    The OP said that payment was made on the basis of delivery on Friday - I take that to mean he had a conversation with the co and agreed full payment for that delivery timescale - an adjustment to the initial contract - but if it's agreed by both parties then it isn't an issue ...
    I rather suspect that the person at Crusader :
    1) didn't realise they were agreeing to the friday delivery
    or
    2) didn't check that it was possible to complete the task in the time
    or
    3) didn't pass the message on
    or
    4) did pass the message on but it got lost in translation
    hopefully not
    5) took payment in full and agreed the date just to get the OP off the phone

Eitherwhich way - the OP feels he has experienced a lack of clarity and communication with the co - but it has come good in the end - which speaks volumes for the lengths the co will go to deliver the service - however there is obviously a failure in the co to have to go to those lengths to start with.

It's not a case of apportioning blame - what is best is if both parties go away and work out how they could've achieved this better....

I guess the OP will consider and advanced requirement date - building in some leeway incase of delay.
    I hope the co will look carefully at their comms trail and try to ensure customers are given the relevant date/schedules - and those are not confused by the customer to mean something different.

In the service industry - every time a customer has to contact you with a question on the state of their order there is a potential for improvement.

Please don't call me an idiot. I realise you quoted the OP, it's the same text I was quoting it's just I read it properly and you made several assumptions.

Even if they did agree to deliver on the Friday - which also was not confirmed, that in no way says the sail was definitely complete earlier in the week. I could promise to deliver you a cake next Friday but that doesn't mean I've already baked it.
    Rubbish... if you don't want to be called an idiot, don't make stupid statements. The OP was crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    In the service industry - every time a customer has to contact you with a question on the state of their order there is a potential for improvement.

Absolutely ... and that's where costs start mounting!

lustyd is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Rubbish... if you don't want to be called an idiot, don't make stupid statements. The OP was crystal clear.
    Ah well in that case, you sir are an idiot.

The OP was indeed clear but you seem to lack the necessary skill to decypher it.
    Vivacity 20, South Coast
    http://yachtlivemagic.blogspot.com

I'm losing the will to live now, so I'm off to the boat to do a bit of hull scraping instead.
    John Rodriguez Yachts. Cruising & Bluewater Yachts www.jryachts.com

Ah well in that case, you sir are an idiot.

The OP was indeed clear but you seem to lack the necessary skill to decypher it.
    Is this a parallel universe or something? Why don't you go and do something useful .. like play with your gybe preventer again!

lenseman is offline Registered User

Please don't call me an idiot. . . . . .
    Which village on the south coast do you actually come from Lusty?
    regards David - DSW Marine Engineering
    www.dswmarineengineering.com

lustyd is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Is this a parallel universe or something? Why don't you go and do something useful .. like play with your gybe preventer again!
    Ok, if you will go and play with your toaster in the shower.
    Vivacity 20, South Coast
    http://yachtlivemagic.blogspot.com