Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Email update at 12.19pm states that the delivery will be today, not tomorrow. It gets better...

Quote Originally Posted by snooks View Post
    I personally don't see the benefit of posting the saga on here at the moment. Ok if they have let you down and the sails don't arrive by the deadline then you have a reason to come on here and complain.
    I really, really rate Crusader Sails but also had a bit of the lastminute.com approach so threads like this are helpful for future customers. Plus decent companies pay thousands for this kind of feedback, customer perception is everything and over promising knocks customer confidence for six. Snooks, you worked closely with the Crusader MD so it's to your credit that you are defending them - but a fact based and constructive thread like this is surely good community journalism? Getting the sails on time for a holiday feels a lot better when they arrive 5 days before rather than sending staff racing around the country at the last possible minute.
    Colvic Watson slideshow video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RayUzX7LZQ

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Most problems can be solved with good customer communication. Looks like that's where Crusader has up-slipped.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

Quote Originally Posted by chinita View Post
    If there is a genuine time element involved, and as an example, a cruise had to be cancelled or postponed due to late delivery the phrase 'Time is of the Essence' inserted into the Contract would be grounds for Breach of Contract if the agreed date was not met.

If the supplier is made aware of this, and the certainty of a claim for consequential loss highlighted, that may result in a certain focussing of their minds.

Don't know if it would work in China tho'.
    just had a new genoa and main delivered by Crusader on time, five weeks after order placement over the phone. Admittedly they were standard and the dimensions etc were on file, but Crusader did what they said they would. Also, when acknowledging receipt of their acceptance of the order, I emphasised that delivery was of the essence of the contract, as you suggested.

Also got a good discount and free delivery, so I'm a happy bunny..... Apart from the weather. in the four weeks since the new sails arrived, I've had four short day sails. Given that we're retired......

Seajet is offline Registered User

I've never used Crusader sails myself, but have noticed they have an excellent reputation ( wasn't too impressed by the suit on Gypsy Moth judging by the photo's, but hey ho ).

I believe in being up-front and honest about the dates things are required, rather than trying to spoof people which usually results in driving them nuts !

If I really need something by a certain time, I'd hope to communicate that clearly at the outset, then if it doesn't happen by all means give 'em both barrels...

In the 21st century ( where's my jet car, silver jumpsuit and steak and veg' pill then ?! ) we have a right to expect decent service, but I think it's very easy to complain, not enough people give positive feedback when things go well.

snooks is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy View Post

2. They were not good to their word of having finished the sail. So no need to look confused.
    Sorry, I thought the deadline was May 2nd.

Anyway I'm happy to report my sails are now on the boat
    Yachting photographer http://grahamsnook.com/news
    (and boat tester)

Quote Originally Posted by snooks View Post
    Sorry, I thought the deadline was May 2nd.

Anyway I'm happy to report my sails are now on the boat
    You said they were good to their word.

I said their word was Friday last week on delivery.

They failed to deliver. In fact, the sail was not finished.

I could have posted some opinions, some snippets of phone calls. I chose not to. I am sticking to the facts and will not resort to anything personal, non-factual or disputable. I am doing this, very selfishly I'm sure, to make sure that I am in a position to have a holiday. Who knows? Perhaps the fact that my (late) delivery has come forward a day has something to do with this post.

I will also refrain on commenting on your sail situation.

I'm watching this exchange with interest, as I have some new sails to order ( as, no doubt, have many others ).

Earlier this year - and after listening to a good friend - I had some 'care and maintenance' work done by Westaway Sails near Plymouth. That work was done pdq. I paid 'on the nail', as one should.

Prior to that, another sailmaker had the sails for several weeks - after discussion and agreement re what needed doing - and still couldn't get a cost-figure together, never mind do the work. That was a breach of trust. I turned up and took the sails away.

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression."

Seajet is offline Registered User

Default Westaway Sails

Quote Originally Posted by oldbilbo View Post
    I'm watching this exchange with interest, as I have some new sails to order ( as, no doubt, have many others ).

Earlier this year - and after listening to a good friend - I had some 'care and maintenance' work done by Westaway Sails near Plymouth. That work was done pdq. I paid 'on the nail', as one should.

Prior to that, another sailmaker had the sails for several weeks - after discussion and agreement re what needed doing - and still couldn't get a cost-figure together, never mind do the work. That was a breach of trust. I turned up and took the sails away.

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression."
    I'm also a fan of Westaways, always good kit and on time at the right price, not the cheapest but I feel the best value ( no connection ! ); someone tried to rubbish their reputation too recently, but it backfired and generated a lot of supporting comments - to the sailmakers - as this thread seems to have done for Crusaders.

An earlier comment on the lines of 'support your local sailmaker' seems about right, UK Ltd !

we got our new sails from Crusader 10 days ago. Delivered exactly when they said they would (also to Scotland) and the communication and other dealings with them were all excellent - would not hesitate to use them again

Just thought it worth mentioning and of course i do hope that the sails in question on this thread all turn out as they should

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast