7.20pm. No confirmation of delivery yet.
Thgey're doing you a favour, postpone your hols until the sun starts to shine!
Plenty of customers seem to have received their orders before you. Personally, I'd stay local. Owen Sails said I'd have a cruising chute ordered early February by the beginning of April. They delivered. I'm happy.
For an order made in January I think theres no excuse if it doesnt .
They still have 2 days to meet their obligation but theres also no excuse for keeping you in all day waiting for a non existent delivery promised for last Friday.
Well done for keeping your posts purely factual. I can well imagine the effect this is having on your emotions. Holidays are the highlight of most peoples lives and must be treated with all respect.
Personally I would have told them I needed the sail by April 2nd for your cruise. This isnt being dishonest merely giving yourself time to try the sail and make sure all is ok before you go.
Text received 20:19. New sail hoisted. That is great news, and it means my holiday will be able to go ahead as planned. I have replied by text to that effect.
I have no idea whether this post has helped or not, but with the fuzzy promises and failed delivery to date I had no option but to do it.
Some of you have knocked me in the posts above, but many have offered support. Thank you.
There are three posts that made me sit on my hands. I'm glad I did.
I shall post a picture of the sail in use later on this week in case anyone's interested. It's a 160% genoa on a 1970s Nic.
Last edited by Shuggy; 01-05-12 at 06:37. Reason: Correcting 165 to 160 due to sleep deprivation yesterday!
Good news, many happy seamiles
how come it took you 12min to advise us !!!!