jamesjermain is offline Registered User

Default Dinghy Transport

My brother wants to transport an Enterprise dinghy to Majorca. He's planning to trail it down via Santander and Barcelona but I wondered whether Scuttlebutters might have a better (cheaper) solution?
    JJ
    Make mine a double

That's a large item to transport, so cheaper solutions are going to be relatively hard to find. If the destination were on the Spanish mainland, you might have some luck contacting one of the vast number of transport companies that are always sending lorries loaded with fruit and vegetables here and trying to get spce on a truck returning - I bet we send a lot less in the other direction. There are probably a lot fewer lorries travelling to Mallorca - I would guess that most of their produce comes here as air freight .

rotrax is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjermain View Post
    My brother wants to transport an Enterprise dinghy to Majorca. He's planning to trail it down via Santander and Barcelona but I wondered whether Scuttlebutters might have a better (cheaper) solution?
    Cheaper if he can get it on a roof rack.

sarabande is offline Registered User

search here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=con...=1024&bih=1134

There is a whole website dedicated to UK consolidation, inc to Europe. But apart from it beginning with S, I have forgotten the rest.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

jamesjermain is offline Registered User

Err! I'm not sure debt consolidation is quite what my brother was after - as far as I'm aware he's quite solvent. But thanks anyway.
    JJ
    Make mine a double

I know someone who took a longer dinghy than an Ent cross-channel on a ferry, upside down on a roof rack, with trailer then strapped over the dinghy. Then after arrival in France, reverted to towing till the next ferry trip to Palma. Return reversed the process. Biggish estate car. Major saving on trailer length fees on ferries.

It might be cheaper to buy an old Laser 2000 from http://www.minorcasailing.co.uk/?q=sail/sailing-fleets and sail it across!
    ۞

ryan air excess baggage ?

Goldie is offline Registered User

Can you find anyone having a larger yacht/motoryacht transported down - perhaps by sea - who could be persuaded to put it on their decks as a 'tender'?