Hybrid View

Default Most robust dingy pump

Hi all
    Can anyone point me to an extremely robust unbreakable foot pump for a dingy. I really need a new dingy but in Borneo they are difficult to come by at a fair price so I am having to pump up the dingy a ridiculus amount of times and the foot pumps dont last very long.

Looking at websites just going by the price or looking at the pictures does not tell me how robust they are

sorry if this has been posted before. I have lookedin previouse posts but the word pump returns to many hits

sarabande is online now Registered User

I have a Bravo foot pump, which has been badly treated (salt water, sand, etc). Still works after 9 or so years, All the springs and valvle clips are proper stainless steel

Lots on Ebay, but I don't know your nearest supplier.

Like this

http://www.force4.co.uk/5482/Bravo-9-Foot-Pump.html
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

aluijten is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rogersimms View Post
    Hi all
    Can anyone point me to an extremely robust unbreakable foot pump for a dingy. I really need a new dingy but in Borneo they are difficult to come by at a fair price so I am having to pump up the dingy a ridiculus amount of times and the foot pumps dont last very long.

Looking at websites just going by the price or looking at the pictures does not tell me how robust they are

sorry if this has been posted before. I have lookedin previouse posts but the word pump returns to many hits
    Have a look a one of the recent Yachting Monthly issues. They actually tested a bunch of them!

prv is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by aluijten View Post
    Have a look a one of the recent Yachting Monthly issues.
    May be a bit difficult to obtain in Borneo

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by prv View Post
    May be a bit difficult to obtain in Borneo

Pete
    Zinio!
    I may be wrong, but I'm not confused.
    ⛵ Ex-SolentBoy

gasdave is offline Registered User

It was Yachting Monthly 2012. Don't know if you get that in Borneo!

They tested a load of stirrup, foot and electric pumps. Winners were Bravo 8 and Bravo 9 foot pumps (about 24 and 27 respectively), the 9 being better at achieving high pressure (8psi) required for inflatable floor (the 8 tested had a leaking valve which may have affected its results).
    The 9 was "criticised" because the hose exits the footplate in the centre leaving less area for your foot.

Quote Originally Posted by gasdave View Post
    It was Yachting Monthly 2012. Don't know if you get that in Borneo!

They tested a load of stirrup, foot and electric pumps. Winners were Bravo 8 and Bravo 9 foot pumps (about 24 and 27 respectively), the 9 being better at achieving high pressure (8psi) required for inflatable floor (the 8 tested had a leaking valve which may have affected its results).
    The 9 was "criticised" because the hose exits the footplate in the centre leaving less area for your foot.
    Stupid criticism really. The end is where the most leverage is. I have one of those and would ever think of putting my foot where the pipe comes out.

Who did they use to do the job. A Hobbitt?

Edit. I see it was Chris. Interestingly, on all the pictures, including those of the other pumps, he does not have his foot near the centre at all.
    Last edited by Ex-SolentBoy; 01-05-12 at 17:23.
    I may be wrong, but I'm not confused.
    ⛵ Ex-SolentBoy