Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yacht Legs

Default Yacht Legs

Anybody made their own ? Im thinking about making a pair but thought i would ask on here first,Any tips? advice?

The Boats a Storebro Royal 34 (if that helps)

Thanks
    Never Argue With An Idiot,They Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tugw View Post
    Anybody made their own ? Im thinking about making a pair but thought i would ask on here first,Any tips? advice?

Thanks
    IIRC Gludy had some made for the ill fated Trader, you may be able to track down some threads about it, but it was quite a while ago (5 yrs?)

With a Royal 34 dont you have to build up the keel to keep the props and rudders off the bottom ?

They used to do that with Royal 34's in Jersey on drying moorings aparently it slowed them down a bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    With a Royal 34 dont you have to build up the keel to keep the props and rudders off the bottom ?

They used to do that with Royal 34's in Jersey on drying moorings aparently it slowed them down a bit as well.
    Not on this one,The keel is quite deep and doesnt start to get too shallow until just before the sterngear.Ive grounded her before with no probs (up against a wall) but i was looking for a better way.
    Never Argue With An Idiot,They Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience

Chrusty 1 Guest

Thanks
    Yep made me own for me Seal, out of Douglas Fir, wouldn't be difficult, yours would just need to be bigger, I can't post pics on here, as I don't have and don't want a photofeckit account, but if you PM me an email addy I will send you some photos that might help, along with a few words of explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrusty 1 View Post
    Yep made me own for me Seal, out of Douglas Fir, wouldn't be difficult, yours would just need to be bigger, I can't post pics on here, as I don't have and don't want a photofeckit account, but if you PM me an email addy I will send you some photos that might help, along with a few words of explanation.
    Excellent thank you,Ill PM my email

Have a look at www.yachtlegs.co.uk

Many Thanks to Chrusty 1 .Im looking of rthe bits to do it meself.I looked at the website that was suggested but i think they are having a larf.A couple of bits of Alli tube cant be that expensive.Anyway.Thanks to all for the imput.Ill keep you informed as to how they eventually work-out.

Divemaster1 is online now Registered User

Not exactly pretty, but quite clever....

Pictures and more here...

http://www.moonraker.dk/english/eng_...tions/legs.htm
    Regards, Alf

I've stopped drinking water .... I have seen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."

Many Thanks to Chrusty 1 .Im looking of rthe bits to do it meself.I looked at the website that was suggested but i think they are having a larf.A couple of bits of Alli tube cant be that expensive.Anyway.Thanks to all for the imput.Ill keep you informed as to how they eventually work-out.
    Think when you get into it what looks deceptively simple is not so. I have no connection with the company, but they have been in business for a very long time with that design and will have sussed out the best way of doing it.

Not sure I would trust my very expensive boat to something that was not properly done!