Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nostrodamus View Post
    Thank you all for the replies.

I did think of several things to put to defend myself but then I thought, what is the point.

I am still getting a PM saying that I am causing unrest on the forum amongst people who are remaining nameless.

I came on the forums to learn and educate myself from those who know better than I.

For all the people who have replied to my many questions, thank you. The replies have helped me out on numerous occasions and saved me getting into further trouble.

I did not come on the forum to be abused or insulted by a small minority. I have never done that to anyone else, nor would I publicly and the only person I have ever pulled down is myself.

I am not asking anyone to comment further on this as most of you have far better things to do.

I will not be posting any further questions but if I can help others by replying to their questions or PM's I will do so.

Thank you
    Post away, ask as many questions as you like. It's a free world. You're harming no-one.

Erik C is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    Post away, ask as many questions as you like. It's a free world. You're harming no-one.
    Exactly, I for one am grateful for the opportunity to be able to follow you on your pursuit of living the dream. Please continue.

Flying Penguin is offline Registered User

Oh dear god.... This thread has to win some sort of award for "Most pointless non-argument in history"
    Last edited by Flying Penguin; 03-05-12 at 14:18.
    Silence may be golden, but duct tape is more effective, and that comes in silver......

Hi Nostro - I'm surprised you didn't see it coming!

(I bet someone else has done that joke but I lost the will to live on page 2)

Keep on posting - the worst that can happen is that a moderator removes your post - mind you, I'm still in rehab from that.

Richard

spencerd is offline Registered User

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by yesod View Post
    remind me - which ones are the idiots - the ones getting upset because someone asked a question, or the ones getting upset because someone asked a question?
    No, just the ones that have too much time on their hands and suggested that someone was writing a book based on Q and A's...... Will read the posts next week in the Ionian not at my desk.

Plomong is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by WouldbeSailor View Post
    Exactly, I for one am grateful for the opportunity to be able to follow you on your pursuit of living the dream. Please continue.
    Me too.

And ask as many questions as you wish. There are no stupid questions, only stupid, and sometimes on here, unfortunately, rude answers.

As for PMs saying you are upsetting the forumites on here ??? Whoever is writing stuff like that needs to see a doctor, a head doctor.

Plomong

bjvarley is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Plomong View Post
    Me too.

And ask as many questions as you wish. There are no stupid questions, only stupid, and sometimes on here, unfortunately, rude answers.

As for PMs saying you are upsetting the forumites on here ??? Whoever is writing stuff like that needs to see a doctor, a head doctor.

Plomong
    Sounds a bit like a rude answer to me?

Quote Originally Posted by bjvarley View Post
    Sounds a bit like a rude answer to me?
    Can you see the irony
    John Rodriguez Yachts. Cruising & Bluewater Yachts www.jryachts.com

Ok, enough is enough,
    We are all on this forum, not to debate the rights and wrongs of why people ask questions or how stupid they sound to others. We are all on here because of our love of sailing and all things nautical.

All this thread is doing is stopping other people asking questions because they don't want others to think it is a stupid question. Nothing is stupid, we are all continually learning and wanting to find answers.

I hold no grudges against anyone in this post. It is a forum and I will be the first to say that anyone should be able to express their own opinion.

Ok, a couple of posts were like being poked in the eye with a sharp stick but I accept that, rightly or wrongly was their opinion at the time.

So lets get back to sailing as that is what this forum was about and should anyone post anything more I will accuse you of trying to write a book or sell a bendy anchor.
    Last edited by Nostrodamus; 04-05-12 at 07:39.

Anyone got the number for adlard coles. Just had a great idea for a book.

Average Joe copper stumbles across a major robbery one night whilst pounding the beat. Calls for back up but it doesn't arrive in time. The robbers get away with the loot but not before catching a glimpse of our coppers face. Copper told in no uncertain terms that he'd better watch his families back etc.

Knowing that he or his family can never be safe copper decides to buy a boat and flea (slowly it turns out) the country. Trouble is he's never sailed before. But being a copper he's very resourceful (okay I made that bit up ). He joins an internet sailing forum and as he slowly heads south he gets the sailing knowledge he needs by asking questions of the forum.

Days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months etc etc. He hits Spain and now thinking that he and family are safe at last he anchors overnight for the first time in a beautiful bay. Can life get any better.

Then logging into the forum that night he stumbles across a sinister post from (insert forum member name of your choice here) saying that anymore stupid sailing questions and he's brown bread. Sinister PM's follow. Our hero realising that the robbers are onto him then has to make some life changing decisions.......

Anyone think its got potential. Oh well - back to staring out the office window and daydreaming.