Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Default Our new charter business website.

Hi there everyone.

Regulars will know that I am in the process of coding our P50, well Landau UK are down at Swanwick. I have been busy with my IT boffin creating the main website as well as a series of satellite sites and we are at a point where we can reveal it for your input. I got some really good feedback with our P42 sales site so I thought I would put it on here before it goes live.

It isn't a completed item yet, there are still quite a few pieces still to finish off but good enough to put out for feedback I hope.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to give it the once over, any comments gratefully received.

http://www.chartersolent.com/

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by henryf View Post
    Hi there everyone.

Regulars will know that I am in the process of coding our P50, well Landau UK are down at Swanwick. I have been busy with my IT boffin creating the main website as well as a series of satellite sites and we are at a point where we can reveal it for your input. I got some really good feedback with our P42 sales site so I thought I would put it on here before it goes live.

It isn't a completed item yet, there are still quite a few pieces still to finish off but good enough to put out for feedback I hope.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to give it the once over, any comments gratefully received.

http://www.chartersolent.com/

Henry
    Is it OK if I rip it off for my cruises in the mud site.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    Is it OK if I rip it off for my cruises in the mud site.
    I hope you've got deep pockets

Henry

So, are you still based in Haslar?

Re the website. Do you think its a good idea to have the same pic for every page? ( Or is that still work in progress? )

It's a very smart and professional website - hits just the right tone. A bit more variation on the pix would perfect it.

The "fair use" policy on the drinks made me chuckle - some sort of units per KG bodymass per hour limit?

Excuse my iggerance Henry, but what's Rainbow Friendly?

oGaryo is offline Registered User

looks great Henry.. couple of observations:

1. a page introducing the crew in more detail, ideally with photo's / mug shots and a little about them in terms of their background would help.. frequently read comments about whether guests got on with the crew on these 'intimate' cruises... I reckon it'd be assumed about their qualifications, what's more important is whether the guests are going to feel at ease with them imo

2. not sure about the changing pictures on menu selections.. sometimes they change, sometimes not so presume tech bloke has some form of random image generator going on. better to have context sensitive pictures associated with the menu selections and keep the changing slides to the front page so the 'front of shop window' changes on each visit.. e.g. have tempting food & champers laid out within the food and beverage section, not a picture of a bed

hope that helps
    Last edited by oGaryo; 01-05-12 at 21:57.
    Please donate: Breast Cancer research http://www.justgiving.com/Gary-Pearson4

vas is online now Registered User

henry,

nicely put together BUT if I may I have a few interface design comments:

1. as Pinnacle mentions it's imho bad not to have a dedicated and separate image for each section of the site. Now they sort of fall randomly and move about which is not good as in it's rather confusing
    2. on the same issue, there's no indication on which part of the site you are by just hitting a link off the top menu. I mean, photos are v.good, I may spent more than a few secs on the pic (especially the first few times I go through them) and then I don't really remember where I am unless I scroll slightly down. And I'm talking 1980X1024 resolution here, so on a netbook or tablet things are going to be harder. Maybe should javascript or css the title change somehow to highlight and be a bit more obvious?
    3. on the crew section you do imply there's only one cabin for the guys chartering, right? it's not clear how many cabins are there so it's slightly confusing (me thinks without having spent an awful lot of time on the site)

good luck

V.

Henry, I liked the site very much. Things that particularly appealed to me were the clear pricing, the explanation of what's likely to happen and the photos.

A couple of minor comments:

I didn't get the association of the page entitled "The Boat" with the picture of the master cabin, nice though that is. I would have put an external picture of the boat at the top of that page.

A bit more proof-reading is needed. I didn't do an extensive read-thru but noticed that Egans serve "wonder freshly" prepped food. I'm sure it is wonderful (my last meal there was certainly very nice)... But anyway; you know what I mean.

I wondered if you should tackle the slightly unsavoury subject of how you charge for breakages and that sort of thing. If you did, then I must congratulate you for getting it into the very small print.

Good luck with the business.