Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I talked to few people when in the channel islands and those sailors that potter across from st Peter port to herm for the weekend have to answer exactly the same question.

They seem to find their answer in their own hybrid designs with a couple of skegs to balance the hull when dried out, or small mobos with stern drives.

Cheers

Garold

norsman 38.

Default Thank you!

Thanks very much for all the additional replies and opinions.

PCUK, The Lazy Kipper, Garold: The mud where we are often has boulders in the mix. Also there's more than one visitors berth amongst our local destinations that have bedrock to bump up and down on as the tide goes in and out. I wouldn't want my hull or stern gear anywhere near the ground.

It seems to me like there's a lack of fit-for-purpose East coast motorboats, but I'm not convinced that fashioning my own solution is a sound financial proposition should I subsequently want to sell.

gravygraham: The Kent 33 looks like a nice bit of kit. In the cold light of day thought it's quite pricey alongside a comparable yacht. I guess that's typical for a motorboat though.

oceanfroggie: The Profile 33 looks half-decent, but I'd probably be looking for something a bit more modern. Likewise with the Norseman 38 sugested by moonraker 36. Thanks nonetheless.

Thanks once again!
    My Macwester Malin website, blog & photobank http://macwester.wordpress.com

nedmin is offline Registered User

Colvic Northerner with bilge keels

Thanks nedmin... Maybe a bit older and smaller than I was thinking.

Probably looking at around 35 to 40 ft. 80s - 90s as 2000 onwards probably over budget.

Many thanks for taking the time to contribute
    My Macwester Malin website, blog & photobank http://macwester.wordpress.com