Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is it?

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by innesker View Post
    Arun canal near Dunsfold?
    Pint of virtual beer, and this is the halfway point between the Wey and the Arun, about a mile further south east.

Next time, it'll all be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Twister_Ken View Post
    Pint of virtual beer, and this is the halfway point between the Wey and the Arun, about a mile further south east.

In addition to sailing, one of my bestest activities is running (rather slowly) with the Haslemere Hash House Harriers. Last winter we had a run that cris-crossed the canal several times.
    Tomorrow (Sunday) we are again in the area, starting from the Stag at Balls Cross at 11.00. Everyone welcome.

BlueSkyNick is offline Registered User

Bugger! I thought it was Newtown Creek.

I bet if I posted a picture of my back garden no one would guess it either. Is there a sailing point to all of this, or have I wandered erroneously into a jogging forum?
    I may be wrong, but I'm not confused.
    ⛵ Ex-SolentBoy

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SolentBoy View Post
    I bet if I posted a picture of my back garden no one would guess it either. Is there a sailing point to all of this, or have I wandered erroneously into a jogging forum?
    Someone did guess it, it's a canal (or it was) and will one day be so again. A canal from the Channel to the Thames. That means boats. We're interested in boats and canals (see recent threads re Chichester Canal in which the Wey and Arun got considerable coverage).

Anyway, I wasn't jogging (as if!). I was pushing my bike which had a puncture.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

Someone did guess it, it's a canal (or it was) and will one day be so again. A canal from the Channel to the Thames. That means boats. We're interested in boats and canals (see recent threads re Chichester Canal in which the Wey and Arun got considerable coverage).

Anyway, I wasn't jogging (as if!). I was pushing my bike which had a puncture.
    Oh, that's all right then.
    I may be wrong, but I'm not confused.
    ⛵ Ex-SolentBoy

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SolentBoy View Post
    Humble apologies for going jogging today instead of sailing. It all happens at about the same speed though - very slow these days!