Highndry is offline Registered User

Default Hunter Medina mast?

Just been to look at a Hunter Medina. It looks as though the mast has been cut and sleeved around two/three feet above the heel. However, it looks as though it's been incredibly well done and looking at images of other Medinas on the net I'm now thinking it might be standard! Could it be strengthening for the boom attachment?

Lakesailor is offline Registered User

Just to add in to the mix.......... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sale-20ft-...item4d00d92a9b (no connection)

VicS is offline Registered User

I cannot say I have ever noticed a mast which has been strengthened around the boom attachment area.

My guess is its been damaged at that point and sleeved to repair/ cover/ reinforce the damaged section.

Ask the vendor.

Bargaining point for a price reduction if the rest of the boat is to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by VicS View Post
    I cannot say I have ever noticed a mast which has been strengthened around the boom attachment area.

My guess is its been damaged at that point and sleeved to repair/ cover/ reinforce the damaged section.

Ask the vendor.

Bargaining point for a price reduction if the rest of the boat is to your liking.
    The vendor (who has only had the boat two seasons) said he'd never noticed it before and I have to say I believed him. A friend I'd taken with me spotted it and his take was the same as yours.

As for the other Medina pointed out by Lakesailor, I suspect it has too high a reserve on for my liking. I've seen it listed elsewhere for 4,500 +

Lakesailor is offline Registered User

All good points. He hasn't sold it at 4.5K and he has already bought his new boat.
    He needs to sell.

Lakesailor. The boat you highlighted is the boat I ended up buying. What do they say about it being one of the happiest two days of my life? The other will be when I sell her?!