Default Crinan basin boating facilities survey

Scottish Canals have been offered money through 'Sail West' (now Malin Waters?) to improve the facilities at Crinan and have been announcing plans to start each year for the last few years. They are currently conducting a rudimentary survey of all users to determine what facilities to provide, if you are a canal user it might be worth responding; the link is-
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8TC2NT7
    A survey at this stage when they had announced that the project is going forward this year suggests that it might not be happening too quickly.
    Can I suggest that as well as deciding whether they need to provide toilets/showers/laundry that in the 'other' box you consider asking them for diesel fuel, like at Corpach, (but perhaps not quite as expensive), the alternative at Crinan Boats is a rickety short low floating pontoon close to the shore; difficult to approach and leave on onshore winds which their employees (and my wife) refuse to step on.
    Another of my suggestions is that they extend the timber wall lining within lock 14 to reduce damage to hulls from the rough quarried walls.
    Note, the survey relates only to Crinan rather than the whole canal, so there is no opportunity to include the unmaintained defective manual lock gates at Cairnbaan and Dunardry.
    Last edited by Quandary; 07-05-12 at 13:27.

A1Sailor is offline Registered User

Default Two missing "/"s in the OP's link

I've just done the survey and included the suggestions.
    Sadler 25 on the Clyde

Quote Originally Posted by A1Sailor View Post
    I've just done the survey and included the suggestions.
    Thanks,this is not the only thing I have got wrong today.

BlowingOldBoots is offline Registered User

I responded with the targeted response as instructed. I also thought independently and added that I would like an amusement arcade with Las Vegas style one arm bandits and two penny waterfalls.

Only kidding on the two penny water falls and one armed bandits.
    Having time is unavoidable.

Touche.
    (can't do an acute!)

awol is offline Registered User

יייייייייי - here, have some of mine!

Ta, Can't may have been a bit of an exaggeration, but can't be a*sed is not.

Plenty enough facilities there already- just take a short stroll round to Crinan Boats.
    Add Alcohol

The money has been promised, the project will go ahead, (eventually) so what harm is there in helping them with a bit of user info. Having complained about the expensive provision but limited usefulness of the facilities at Tobermory since they went in, it surely can not help to say what is wanted here. At the moment most boats without holding tanks just dump in the basin.
    And if they are like the other facilities on the canal they will be free with 24 hr. access to customers.

dutyhog is offline Registered User

The planning application was dropped earlier this month because the sewage treatment proposal was unsatisfactory. There are already toilets at the basin (and laundry/shower at the boatyard) and the basin area gets congested enough that more reasons to stay would jam it up more often. It may be better to have these facilities half way along the canal, eg Cairnbaan, which would also suit the many who don't rush through.
    Last edited by dutyhog; 25-05-12 at 00:08. Reason: typo
    Corribee 21 > Contessa 26 > Nicholson 32