Default Oldgits Polar Expedition this BHol.

The wind was rattling the halyards,the rain was horizontal as the commander in chief of our little flottila wandered up and down the pontoon trying to find out just how many felt an overwhelming urge to set off.......in the end only one wimped out,you know who you are Tony.
    So ten it was,that set off for Sheerness,by the time we rounded Queenborough Spit bouy the rain had reduced to a steady downpour and the temp was well into the 8s.
    Journey along the Swale was uneventful with all of the motorboats going into Conyer squeezing under the bridge without waiting for it to lift,the raggies from a local club MYC just down the road had to wait.
    The approach to the Creek is interesting,with a choice of going on a 4 mile diversion to stay in deep(ish) water or if you get it right a quick nip across the mud and follow the withies up very narrow winding creek.
    All managed to arrive in one piece and berth gracefully except yours truly who cocked it up bigtime.
    First event was the BBQ.it was freezing and some us lasted whole seconds before sneaking off to the warmth of Conyer Marina clubhouse,leaving the hardy types cooking outside.

Conyer Marina ...

The Creek last year.The same rubbish weather as well.

It Dries....

Being old hands in cold wet bank holiday dept,SarahTs crew hid a car in the vicinity and were able to nip into Faversham for lunch the following day and spent most of it in front of a roaring log fire eating lunch in the " Anchor."
    The trip home.
    Follow my leader up the Swale,this time we had to wait for the bridge.
    One of the local charter fishing boats and member of RCC who came along for the weekend.the skipper is a member of the Rochester Oyster Fishery and a freeman of the river.

Up the Magic Medway.The keen of eye will notice nobody on the flybridges any more.

Nearly home.

Now all we need need for next club run is some S*n.
    Ps.Did I mention it was cold ?
    Last edited by oldgit; 07-05-12 at 21:12.

Being someone who hasn't dared to even move off our mooring during this weather (sensibly so beig complete novices) it is wonderful to see others out an about.

Lovely photo's although I do feel a tad cold looking at them.

Fortunately high water rates up above the lock rarely effect us salt water mobos.
    Our club is coming round to the Thames this summer for a week or two,may well be tagging along for short visit.
    Last year we got up as far as Bray.
    Last edited by oldgit; 09-05-12 at 13:33.

Can't blame me anymore Fred, I was at Cadwell Park.

Ramage is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Fortunately high water rates up above the lock rarely effect us salt water mobos.
    Our club is coming round to the Thames this summer for a week or two,may well be tagging along for short visit.
    Last year we got up as far as Bray.
    Not this year you won't, we will be manning the Olympic Bridge to stem the invasion!

Will merely make sure we transit bridge before lunch ,as any fule kno,you lot up there cannot possibly get out of bed before mid afternoon at best.

Ramage is online now Registered User