tarik is offline Registered User

Question Next Azores jester

Hi Guys,

Have had to pull out of this years Azores challenge. I'm determined to go - when is the next

Azores trip??

thanks

David

Glayva is offline Registered User

The next challenge to the Azores is scheduled for 2016. However the Jester Challenge proper is next in 2014 and each time it has been run there have always been boats stopping in the Azores - but not necessarily intentionally.

The more interesting challenge coming up, I think, is the Golden Globe Challenge in 2014. A single handed, non stop circumnavigation south of the three capes. Sort of a recreation of the 1968 Golden Globe without the prize money. It won't start until after the boats return from America from JC14.

John,

Are you planning a start on a particular date or a "window of opportunity" as per the Golden Globe?

Quote Originally Posted by Glayva View Post
    The next challenge to the Azores is scheduled for 2016. However the Jester Challenge proper is next in 2014 and each time it has been run there have always been boats stopping in the Azores - but not necessarily intentionally.

The more interesting challenge coming up, I think, is the Golden Globe Challenge in 2014. A single handed, non stop circumnavigation south of the three capes. Sort of a recreation of the 1968 Golden Globe without the prize money. It won't start until after the boats return from America from JC14.
    John, Are you planning to do this. Any info on it ?
    Malcome

Glayva is offline Registered User

Default Golden Globe Challenge

Don't you hate YBW forums, by the time you write a reply to some question you are logged off and lose the lot.

The easy answer to the question about more information is http://sites.google.com/site/goldenglobechallenge/

and there is a Yahoo forum called Golden Globe Challenge but I am the only moderator and am disappearing to do the JAC12 so will not be able to approve anyone until I get back.

Whaoo! that Golden globe would be something... The JAC in 2014?...
    Will some "Jester sized boats" be there I wonder?