Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gas Hob Heat Sensor Takes Ages to Warm Up!

I have to hold in the knob on my Plastimo gas cooker for more than a count of 30 or when I release it, it goes out.

Presume I need to replace the temperature sensor or something?

TY!

prv is online now Registered User

I think so, yes.

I've been on lots of cheap charter boats with this problem, I used to think it was normal. My own boat now lets you release the button after a couple of seconds. I believe the thermocouples get tired, and are available as spares.

Pete

bromleybysea is offline Registered User

Like this http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalo...aLPS_20181_2d3: You're lucky. I had one go on a Force 10 cooker and the replacement was over 40 quid!

Ah fantastic! Thank you!!!

ostell is offline Registered User

Or is there a bit of dirt in the burner so that the flame is not playing on the sensor?

Might be worth checking that both nuts are tight before spending wedge.
    Hic dracones.

Hadenough is offline Registered User

Had same problem with mine till just this weekend. Cleaned out all the burner holes with a suitable size drill bit, just by turning in your fingers not a drill. Improved the flame back to blue and stopped the cutting out because I suppose the thermocouple is hotter.

Ah, possibly. I'll have a good look next time I'm down. Cheers!

Try cleaning the sensor with wet and dry sandpaper or any other very fine sandpaper. Build up of crud can affect it..

Although it does sound like a clean up, as suggested, might do the trick the story reminded me of a fault which ocurrred with our plastimo hob/grill.
    A failure to stay alight issue on ours ocurred when a fresh gas cylinder was fitted. The gas was not burning correctly - the flames were weak and intermittent. This affected both of the burners. The gas cylinder had been sitting around for some months. Taking the cylinder out of the locker and shaking it well , to stir the liquid gas, cured the fault.

Another possibility , if the gas is not burning correctly , could be a faulty regulator.