Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elessar is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ProDave View Post
    So why didn't you tell use a week ago BEFORE I launched my boat.

I would have given it a try on the very bottom of the boat where it appears conventional anti foul gets scrubbed off when she settles on the mud at low tide.
    Quote Originally Posted by prv View Post
    +1

Terrible timing - they seem to have waited until just about everybody is back in the water. Possibly don't understand how their products are used by normal people?

Otherwise I'd give it a go, as I haven't been especially happy with anything I've tried so far.

Pete
    shame - but these things take longer than you might think. The wider trial is being started as early as was possible. This project is years down the road to get to this stage, it is now or another year later.

would have been good to try the bottom of your boat Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobnob View Post
    My boat is late into the water due to the rain; all painting & prep has been delayed.

Have applied for sample. Will moor at Teddington, where the semi-saline water will be an interesting test.
    It will indeed. Anyone from above the lock interested too?

lustyd is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    you might be right

that's why I'd like someone who takes to the mud to try it please.
    Sorry my intention wasn't to put anyone off, I'd like to see the results of a trial too but it would be nice to get some indication from the manufacturer as to whether it's appropriate first.
    Vivacity 20, South Coast
    http://yachtlivemagic.blogspot.com

ANDY59 is online now Registered User

Hi Mark , We are lifting our F36 at lymington on friday for antifoul and seacocks so wouldnt mind trying a patch to test . We are planning to have her blasted of and coppercoated next year . Is it ok over old but sanded antifoul ?

Quote Originally Posted by lustyd View Post
    Sorry my intention wasn't to put anyone off, I'd like to see the results of a trial too but it would be nice to get some indication from the manufacturer as to whether it's appropriate first.
    OK they say:

Think of it like having a well waxed car compared with a dull one. If the car is well waxed it's much easier to wash the mud off. With clearcoat it will be much easier to clean.

My view - got to be worth a try to see. I think the big question is how long will it last before it wears away.

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY59 View Post
    Hi Mark , We are lifting our F36 at lymington on friday for antifoul and seacocks so wouldnt mind trying a patch to test . We are planning to have her blasted of and coppercoated next year . Is it ok over old but sanded antifoul ?
    Hi Andy, yes it can be applied over antifoul.

However I wish I could sell antifoul as quickly as I can give it away - I am now awaiting more stock!

Friday will be a challenge if you're only out for the day - or is it longer?

ANDY59 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Hi Andy, yes it can be applied over antifoul.

However I wish I could sell antifoul as quickly as I can give it away - I am now awaiting more stock!

Friday will be a challenge if you're only out for the day - or is it longer?
    We will be out for at least a week so if its possible to get hold of some will happily try out a patch .

Porthandbuoy is online now Registered User

I've applied online. Ladybird will be coming out for a scrub in June (been in all winter) and I thought I'd try this stuff on the trim-tab. Being stuck out the back of the rudder it gets a lot of light and tends to foul easily.
    www.backbearing.com. Astronavigation resources.

[QUOTE=Elessar;3530462]Yes there was a failed attempt at a silicone product in the past, the ones we have blasted off! So they can be removed.

The problem with any silicone is that it can indeed be removed mechanically but even a polish for topsides containing any long chain polymer can only be fully removed by using an aggressive solvent. If you have ever tried doing a repair on a silicone polished surface you will have experienced this difficulty yourself I am sure.

This is a new product doing 1sq m trials, very responsibly before going to market.

I am not against this in principle but why does the manufacturer not come clean and tell us who he is and what the product contains? Is it silicone?

I have done an entirely static trial with ecouraging results.

Does it set hard or is it in fact a soft pliable film?

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY59 View Post
    We will be out for at least a week so if its possible to get hold of some will happily try out a patch .
    More is en route I'm told. Email me your address and I'll send it asap.