Default The Shipwrights, Helford, New Owners

Well having met and spoken to the new owners of the Shipwrights, Vicky and Rupert. They have a very good plan for the pub. They are both very friendly people and are dedicated to getting the pub back to being what it once was.

They have rejuvenated the interior, making it a nice, bright place to visit. The beer is good, serving a nice range of local ales on pump and the more general lagers. Full range of optics, spirits and wines.

They are currently serving food, doing normal pub meals, at a reasonable price but it does look very good and having heard good reports on the taste, I plan to eat there myself. They will be adding more to the menu in due course.

The new owners also run the holiday lets and the shop in the village. The don't want to see the pub decline back into what it was as they know it is the centrepoint of the village and a great respite for weary sailors.

Lastly, they are planning on having a late licence til midnight IIRC, not to hold late night parties but they want to bring in local musicians and bring a bit of life back. As I said, they own the holiday let right next to the pub so don't want to be driving out their own buisness so it will be sensible times.

They are very optimistic for the future of the pub and having spoken to them, they would like to extend a welcome out to all those that know and love the Helford and new visitors. Hopefully you will not be disappointed.

I am not connected to them but after meeting them, hearing what they had to say, I thought a few people on here would be interested.

James
    www.cobraseawolf.webs.com - Cobra and Seawolf Owners Site

Seajet is online now Registered User

Sounds good to me; what's the lat & long, I'll dial it into the tactical database !

Achillesheel is offline Registered User

We'll be there, I like the idea of live music in Helford.

VicS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    Sounds good to me; what's the lat & long, I'll dial it into the tactical database !
    good idea 'cos its not where Google maps seems to think!

fisherman is offline Registered User

Posted about this recently: they are managers, Vicky has been trading as an artisan baker, I think they have the post office as well, but I am informed that the owner is also the owner of the Riverside holiday cottages. At first we heard there would be no food, which is an essential for pub viability, particularly one as seasonal as this. I wondered if profits were going to be run down to make an excuse for change of use, which was recently refused. Let's hope I'm wrong, cracking pub in its day.