Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Aren't journalists trained to double-check their sources before all else? Certainly http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/news/vi...2012_induction, according to JTS Director Claire Prosser at a recent BBC event in Bristol University.

But perhaps not the YBW ones. They're photographers or summat, innit?

Seajet is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by oldbilbo View Post
    Aren't journalists trained to double-check their sources before all else? Certainly http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/news/vi...2012_induction, according to JTS Director Claire Prosser at a recent BBC event in Bristol University.

But perhaps not the YBW ones. They're photographers or summat, innit?

Oi !
    Some photographers & writers - as in moi - do check things and try to get accurate figures whenever they appear, not just allowing ourselves to be spoon fed BS !

On that subject my boat has been reviewed by both PBO and Sailing Today; I was very impressed by David Harding of PBO, he ran a tape measure over everything and disregarded the brochure measurements.

He turned up with a camera and I'd organised our club rescue boat with a chum driving to act as a camera ship when required.

As a contrast Sailing Today turned up with a huge chartered RIB, excellent pro' photographer Rick Buettner and about 10 hangers on from the office !

Andy

Photo by Rick; ( yes if one studies the telltales we were stalled, Duncan Kent had done a crash-tack for the camera, looks pretty and reasonably dramatic as intended though I think ).

Last edited by Seajet; 16-05-12 at 16:50.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association www.anderson22class.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by robp View Post
    I've been a subscriber to YM and PBO for many, many years and enjoy them. But I would have thought those numbers would have raised questions? Maybe I'm wrong and someone will come along with some EEIAC figures...

The Liverpool show that never happened would have been over the moon with those numbers and boaters actually knew about that one.
    If that's what the organisers report and there is no way of verifying it (unlike LBS and SBS)then thats what they report. If it was a busy weekend at Gunwharf then perhaps 100,000 did go through the "venue" I was not there so cant comment (like I just did...)

BlueSkyNick is offline Registered User

I assumed it was a typo and an extra zero had appeared on the end. Even 10000 would have been a good number.