Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chrusty 1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie-H View Post
    Takes a real man to sail the tides and flats of the East Coast.

Unlike these pussies, who need deep water under them, otherwise they loose sleep.

Err. You mentioned the Bristol Channel. Is that that muddy creek between Devon and Wales? Never been there. Do they still ware wode.
    Some muddy creek! Most on this forum wont go near it, scares the pants off of 'em! Anyway, I see that you are notable by your absence.

Long may it remain so!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrusty 1 View Post
    D'you know what? I live in and sail from N. Devon, so I have the Atlantic and all of the Bristol Channel to play in, yet I really envy Dylan his muddy creaks and salty byways, if Norfolk wasn't like a journey to the end of the earth, I think I would be sailing there as well.

Mind you, they do talk funny in Norfolk, and their eyes is a bit close together, and they do say that they have a bit of an odd idea of marriage, and who and what you can marry, and when......

Well anyway, like I was saying, I have the Atlantic and all of the Bristol Channel to play in..................
    HEEEEY! Gimmee six bro......what'd ya mean eyes too close together......I deeply resemble that remark

And North Devon isn't exactly on the beaten track if you know what I mean

Harwich for the Continent - Frinton For the Incontinent

Chrusty 1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Habebty View Post
    HEEEEY! Gimmee six bro......what'd ya mean eyes too close together......I deeply resemble that remark

And North Devon isn't exactly on the beaten track if you know what I mean

Well apparently you be a Janner so you should know! I just looked at your profile, been around a bit aint yer. My missus hails from Gosport, her brothers still live there poor sods! I see you are sailing with the SouthFolk, not the NorthFolk, very wise really given the natural propensities of the aforementioned NorthFolk.

Anyway, North Devon is practically the cradle of civilisation compared to where you is hanging out!

Probably because he's not a spaced out bunny rabbit........think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryH View Post
    Probably because he's not a spaced out bunny rabbit........think about it!
    Do you not see the synergy? The shared sense of purpose? The win / win situation betwixt a slow circumnavigation and a fast planing trailer sailor?

Back in the real world though I can't wait to see Katie L afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrusty 1 View Post
    Well apparently you be a Janner so you should know! I just looked at your profile, been around a bit aint yer. My missus hails from Gosport, her brothers still live there poor sods! I see you are sailing with the SouthFolk, not the NorthFolk, very wise really given the natural propensities of the aforementioned NorthFolk.

Anyway, North Devon is practically the cradle of civilisation compared to where you is hanging out!

janner?

Chrusty 1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by robertj View Post
    janner?
    You could have done it yourself, but here you are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janner

Default real world - me too

Quote Originally Posted by aslabend View Post

Back in the real world though I can't wait to see Katie L afloat.
    I can't wait either.....

rubbish weather and real work has started piling in so I am reduced to posting Benny Hill blogs about varnishing masts and removing letters

man with varnish brush

I am The Dripmeister

man with hair dryer

But at least the boat is in the garden where I can go and mess with it between editing and associated wordsmithery - and I have discovered that the less sailing I do the more money I earn.

I also need to buy an outboard

so

amazingly I have an 'immaculate' Mirror Offshore for sale. It is an 'absolute ocean greyhound' that commands 'respect' and 'admiration' wherever it goes

it has an 'uber shiny' Hemple racing finish on the hull, astonishing graphics and a 'modern' diesel installation

1500 ono

Dylan

Applescruffs is offline Registered User

Default Dylan discovers the meaning of life.......

Quote Originally Posted by dylanwinter View Post
    and I have discovered that the less sailing I do the more money I earn.

Dylan
    Yup , that's about it mate!

PS:
    So....1,500 ono ......would you accept Greek Drachma ???.......
    Last edited by Applescruffs; 18-05-12 at 22:41.
    "Work is the curse of the Drinking Classes" Oscar W.

Quote Originally Posted by Habebty View Post

NFN