Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VicS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dleroc View Post
    I think it is leaking air due to a weak spring clip. I do not have or cannot see an o ring.

I am attaching a photo of the male connector on the outboard.
    If its not clipping on securely ie it falls off or can be pulled off whith unclipping it then fair enough its the clip that is worn

But if it clips on securely then is very probably a damaged or worn O ring in the fuel port of the connector.

the O rings are replaceable, not easily maybe but replaceable. Part #20 in this diagram

I agree with LS avoid cheap connectors also be aware that several makes look the same but are not. Its possible that yours is the same as Yamaha one but they are ever so slightly different to Evinrude ones ( I discovered)

Last edited by VicS; 21-05-12 at 23:40.

dleroc is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Lakesailor View Post
    I had trouble with the connector clip on my Honda 5 hp.
    The connector I replaced it with was a pattern piece and was absolute rubbish.
    Unless you are paying about 20 it's not a Honda part.
    You can buy as many 5 connectors as you like, they'll just keep spitting "o" rings out.
    Good point! The connector from Lings Hinda was 23 and others I see on the web are as little as 4!

Quote Originally Posted by VicS View Post
    If its not clipping on securely ie it falls off or can be pulled off whith unclipping it then fair enough its the clip that is worn

But if it clips on securely then is very probably a damaged or worn O ring in the fuel port of the connector.

the O rings are replaceable, not easily maybe but replaceable. Part #20 in this diagram

I agree with LS avoid cheap connectors also be aware that several makes look the same but are not. Its possible that yours is the same as Yamaha one but they are ever so slightly different to Evinrude ones ( I discovered)

Thanks Vic. I must admit that the one I have looks difficult to remove but I will go the rounds of the Chandlers/ Outboard agents today and see what they have.

I seem to have located a similar size connector from Yachparts in their new premises near QAB in Plymouth. Will try it out later.

Thanks folks for all your advice so far.

All connected and ran it on the mooring for about 20 minutes and all seems okay. Fingers crossed and thanks for your help folks.