Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SolentPhill View Post
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298644

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-15520601

old rules:

For your pet to enter Jersey from these countries, you must answer ‘yes’ to the all of the following
    questions:

is your pet microchipped*?
    is your pet currently vaccinated against rabies?
    was your pet vaccinated after it was microchipped?
    have you got an EU Pet Passport or Official Veterinary Health Certificate*** from your vet
    certifying the microchip and vaccination?
    have 21 days passed since it was vaccinated?
    has your dog been treated for tapeworm 1-5 days before scheduled arrival?
    are you travelling into Jersey with your pet on an approved carrier?

What about ticks and other diseases?

From 1 January, tick treatment for pets entering Jersey will not be required but all pet owners
    travelling abroad with their pets should discuss disease prevention with their vet and the possible need
    for pets to be treated for ticks prior to departure to provide optimal protection, as part of good animal
    health practice.
    That applies to pets entering the CI from the rest of Europe and not the rest of the British Isles - they are not included in "these countries":

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pet.../eu-countries/

"There are no requirements for pets travelling directly between the UK and either the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. Owners of pets entering the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland from outside the UK should contact the appropriate authorities in those countries for advice on approved routes and any other requirements.

•For Jersey visit the States of Jersey website":

http://www.gov.je/Travel/TravellingP...tPassport.aspx

"Travelling to Jersey from the UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands

You do not need a pet passport when travelling to Jersey from the British Isles."

http://www.gov.je/Travel/TravellingP...tUKIoMCIs.aspx

"Jersey is part of the British Isles, so you don’t need a pet passport to bring your pet into Jersey from UK, the Isle of Man or other Channel Islands.

Does my pet need to be microchipped or vaccinated before travelling to Jersey?

There is no requirement for your pet to be microchipped or to have a rabies vaccination if you are travelling from the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

Are there any rules over how my pet must travel to Jersey?

Pets travelling to Jersey from the UK, Isle of Man and other Channel Islands can travel with any airline or ferry operator who agrees to carry your pet. You can also bring your pet to Jersey on a private plane or boat direct from the UK, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands."
    Last edited by l'escargot; 22-05-12 at 09:47.
    Warning - Internet forums may contain nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Andydent2000 View Post
    Has anyone taken their pet cruising to the channel islands?

The states of Jersey web site says it is allowed but the uk sites are not clear on coming back.

We want to take the boat to jersey/guernsey for a trip but I cannot find out the rules for the return to the uk.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    "There are no requirements for pets travelling directly between the UK and either the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man."

From here:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pet.../eu-countries/
    Warning - Internet forums may contain nuts

Quote Originally Posted by SolentPhill View Post
    Some people can be so nice.

I stand corrected as has been pointed out but it would have been better and not quite so arrogant had this poster said "this was the case up to Jan 1st this year when the rules changed". but typical of some on here who love to slag.

I was not aware of a rule change my info came from the lady on the Jersey stand at the boat show. I did not speak to them at the last show so I was not aware of any rule change as I guess many on here were.

I have dogs and have not taken them to CI in the past for those reasons, but it appears the CI have changed their rules as from this year so I guess 2012 is different.
    No rule change, has always been as hlb states. My dogs have been going to and fro from CIs for years with no issues.

Smile

Thanks to everyone who replied. I feel much more confident now. jersey here we come!

Beaucette is also worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Beaucette is also worth a try.
    The only CI marina which is dog friendly, and a great place to be anyway.

Thepipdoc is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    The only CI marina which is dog friendly, and a great place to be anyway.
    I agree John
    We were there a couple of month ago and they had no problems with our pooch. stayed a couple of days and really enjoyed it.
    www.sealinef43.com - Stunner for sale. (Actually its now sold!)

hlb is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by hlb
    This is total rubbish.

.[QUOTE=SolentPhill;3552433]Some people can be so nice.

I stand corrected as has been pointed out but it would have been better and not quite so arrogant had this poster said "this was the case up to Jan 1st this year when the rules changed". but typical of some on here who love to slag.

QUOTE]

No arragance intended, but misinformation is not helpfull, that is what these forums are for. Real experience, not what some bird told you at the boat show. She will probably be back at the job center next week.

AFAIK the laws have never changed. Us and Long John have been takeing our dogs to the CI's for years. Occasionally meeting up by accident. But thats when he fell off the back of my boat and we dont mention it.
    Last edited by hlb; 23-05-12 at 22:39.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12