Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Almerimar Marina

I will be sailing round to the Med and plan to stay in Almerimar Marina for a few months, information has it that a third of berths are empty this year. Anyone out there who has visited Marina lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Boheme View Post
    I will be sailing round to the Med and plan to stay in Almerimar Marina for a few months, information has it that a third of berths are empty this year. Anyone out there who has visited Marina lately?
    Been there 3 times this year, feb, April and may. I 1/3 is a bit of an exaggeration but it was not full by any means. Lots of boats for sale there mind...

Concur with Vadrouille, we were in there the day before yesterday. It wasnt full by any means. Another boat we know were asking about availability, if I see them again I'll ask and post the result.
    If you're not confused, you're probably misinformed

There now and plenty of spaces.

But what time of year are you coming here? I am led to believe that it is so quiet at the moment because the winter liveaboards have departed for the summer, but the local summer cruisers haven't yet arrived.

Those we have met so far seem to be just getting ready to leave for the summer, local boats that spend all year here or cruisers like us who are just passing through.

We visited in early April. It was not crowded.
    Good side was a large Mercodona supermarket on site.
    Down side was that facilities for yotties were poor eg no toilet paper (excuse - it all gets stolen), no locks on wc doors, poor showers, no soap or paper towels at wash basins. Marina management did not seem concerned about adverse comments.
    If you have to lay up in the region for a while, look at Cartagena - friendly marina, nice city and a choice of supermarkets within short walk.

Cool

IF you do decide to go into ALMERIMAR, then lock everything away securely. My advice to anyone is to avoid it like the plague. It is a theives paradise and it is as shown above the pits.

Cartagena is very nice.

Fair winds

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by rivonia View Post
    IF you do decide to go into ALMERIMAR, then lock everything away securely. My advice to anyone is to avoid it like the plague. It is a theives paradise and it is as shown above the pits.

Cartagena is very nice.

Fair winds

Peter
    Wish you told me that before, the 3 times i have been there bows too i have had our zodiac and cruising chute just tied to the foredeck........

I still have them, maybe im lucky......

Quote Originally Posted by blenkinsop View Post
    We visited in early April. It was not crowded.
    Good side was a large Mercodona supermarket on site.
    Down side was that facilities for yotties were poor eg no toilet paper (excuse - it all gets stolen), no locks on wc doors, poor showers, no soap or paper towels at wash basins. Marina management did not seem concerned about adverse comments.
    If you have to lay up in the region for a while, look at Cartagena - friendly marina, nice city and a choice of supermarkets within short walk.
    All valid points, but and a fair but on cartagena

Look at the price difference, twice the price i believe unless someone wants to correct me???

San Jose was 30 euros winter 50 in the summer.......

almerimar 10 euros a night for a 38 footer, yes please...... (winter rate that last one) under 15 euro for either mid season or summer, cant remember how they work it...

Thumbs down

Yes the boat next to us had the halyards cut and stolen, three boats had the chains to the bikes cut off and the bikes stolen. My wife had her handbag snatched. It was the pits.

My advice to anyone is DO NOT GO THERE.

Peter

Having spent the winter in Almerimar and 2 weeks in Cartagena much preferred Almerimar. Everything was close that you needed. Supermarkets at Cartagena were smaller and a longer walk. Good range of restaurants, Spanish and international, plus similar range of bars.Three chandleries on site which can get you anything you want and you can now work on your own boat. When we were there the only thing stolen over the winter was a bike left outside a bar.
    Also found the activities arranged by the liveaboard community at Almerimar excellent and really felt part of a community. Did not use the showers etc as preferred to do it on board.
    That said Catagena is a historic town with places of interest, although I found we pretty much done them in a week, although I did like my two weeks there but was getting bored at the end. Perhaps because I was not part of the liveabaord community there in winter by April (when we visited) they had moved on or were concentrating on moving on. Either way did not feel same warmth of welcome as we had at Alerimar, I suppose it is very much horses for courses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast