Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: NEW TO FORUM

mikef is online now Registered User

Default Re: Please play nicely Haydn

Been watching this part of the thread with interest as I've done the Scillies 3 times albeit in boats over 30'. IMHO, if you've crossed the Channel then Penzance to Scillies should not be a problem even in a small motor boat. Obviously, you'll have to pick the right weather and carry good mooring gear. BTW I remember MBY publishing an article about 10-12yrs ago on Tim Bartlett doing the trip in a 22' Sealine

<hr width=100% size=1>

The crossing itself doesn't worry me. At 25 odd miles, it's under an hour to cross with a good weather window. (I've got the trip from Lymington to contend with too, which is no small trip itself)

As Haydn has noted, it's the possibility of getting stuck there in rough weather that's more worrying. Will need to keep a really good eye on forecasts, and I'm planning on buying huge anchor and chain for the trip [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<hr width=100% size=1> I asked an economist for her phone number....and she gave me an estimate

Yea look forward to that !! Can get you a pretty mooring in the river if you dont mind drying out on sand (half tide @ 3-50p per day) if your &your family wish to visit the area . Good for polperro, fowey ,Mevagissey etc .

Regards

Terry

<hr width=100% size=1>
    Now Promoted to Captain Clyst. My thanks are extended to Lazy Kipper .

Which river? Not sure where you are based.

<hr width=100% size=1> I asked an economist for her phone number....and she gave me an estimate

Thanks, got PM, Will look you up if in that area.

hlb is offline Registered User

Well go on. Which bloody river???

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue>No one can force me to come here.<font color=red> I'm a volunteer!!.<font color=blue>

Haydn

Amazon!! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]