Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wine Tasting - discount

During my last visit a few weeks ago I arranged a Wine tasting and discount with Normandy wines. I trust this will meet with the approval of most!!

Both Normandy wines and (when it was open) Majestic Wines used to always let my crew have a wine tasting but I have heard complaints about UK sailors that use the tasting to get drunk and finally buy little or no wine. Hopefully this will be an added attraction to the Scuttlebutt cruise but its sucess depends on none of us taking the michael!

The initial plan is for a group tasting at 12.00 on the Saturday and they are offering 10% discount on all sales. Normandy wines arrange delivery to each boat (better than Majestic who only arranged a taxi to the top of the pontoon gangway).

I will send Normany wines the list of boats attending so that latecomers to the event should still get a discount by mentioning their boat name.

On one rough crossing home one of my crew's daughter came on deck and informed us that she had fallen out of the top bunk. We were all worried until we realised that the crates of wine reached up to within 1" of the top bunk. See - buying wine can be benificial for your health!!

Can you let me know if you are interested in the wine tasting or a wine purchasing visit so that I can advise them of likely numbers.

Normandy wines are now situated on the road to the East of the Carrifour supermarket.
    Last edited by Sailfree; 22-08-12 at 12:35.

Galadriel will be there, possible before you.
    'The will of the people' = The will of a few fanatics who have duped the unsuspecting.

Daughter already informed me of her order for Bin 29 white quoffing wine @€2.35 less 10%!!

Son in Law likes the Bin 29 Red so no arguments there!!

Please add wizard +1 for the wine tasting.

I hereby guarantee to drink and buy
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

I don't drink a great deal of wine, but at the prices quoted it seems daft not to stock up, and if I'm going to buy cases of something then I'd want to try it first.

Pete

It might be a good idea to tell Normandy wines to stock up on bin 29.
    'The will of the people' = The will of a few fanatics who have duped the unsuspecting.

Default wine tasting

swmbo and I would like to attend please. My water tanks are divideable into 2@500lt. Do they supply by bulk tanker? red and white. I'll put a few jerry cans in for the water, we won't need much.

I'm probably for the tasting - but haven't finalised passage plans

Please add me to the wine tasting. Potentially a +1.

Me + 1 if we get there in time.
    Grow old disgracefully, it's more fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast