Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Hope this comes up for sale (cheap)

This yacht (apparently registered in Wales) was seized in the recent drugs bust in St.Kitts.

Can anyone identify the make/model of the 46'0" yacht?

BASSETERRE, St. Kitts – TWO St. Lucians are currently in police custody and will soon be charged after they were caught Saturday (Sept. 1) in St. Kitts-Nevis’ territorial waters aboard a yacht carrying a large quantity of cocaine.
    According to the Public Affairs Officer of the St. Kitts and Nevis Defence Force (SKNDF), Captain Kayode Sutton, the two men were nabbed during a joint Maritime Anti-Narcotics Operation between the SKNDF Coast Guard and the Dutch Navy Frigate HR. MS. TROMP (F-803).
    Sutton explained that the operation was being conducted in the Federation’s waters on Saturday afternoon when a white vessel was seen in the Old Road area and the occupants were acting in a suspicious manner.
    “Members of the joint operation had seen a white yacht bearing the name SINESTRA PROVE sailing in the Old Road area, and it was observed that the crew of that vessel was jettisoning bags into the Caribbean Sea.
    Last edited by Rum_Pirate; 04-09-12 at 03:48.
    RELAX, Rum may not be the answer, but nor is water or juice. Now what is your Question?

The trouble with taking on a boat from a drug bust is that it is probably impossible to deep clean it sufficiently for drug dogs not to get a sniff in any follow-up check. Result will be a boat pulled apart.
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
    Robert A Heinlein

I agree with Talbot and would be wary about buying a boat with a history of drug running. I knew a guy who bought a MFV that had been involved in landing drugs in Liverpool. He spent several years lovingly restoring her but when he started sailing her he was frequently stopped in the Irish sea even though he was completely unconnected to the original smugglers.

I suspect in your neck of the woods with so many different jurisdictions you might have similar problems.
    My permanently unfinished web site www.8thday.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rum_Pirate View Post
    (apparently registered in Wales)
    Careful - it may have several leeks!

I'll get me coat.....
    Itis apis spotanda bigon etoo

I understand that after a vessel has been "rummaged" by Customs, the interior is likely to have been totally trashed.

In Dover, we get yachts busted here from time to time for drugs or illegal immigrants.

Because these yachts sell so cheap, I've kept my eye open. Funny thing is though, after a delay of several years, they get disposed of all of a sudden, and you don't hear about it until after the event. Then its always someone connected with Customs or the local Police who has scored a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    In Dover, we get yachts busted here from time to time for drugs or illegal immigrants.

Because these yachts sell so cheap, I've kept my eye open. Funny thing is though, after a delay of several years, they get disposed of all of a sudden, and you don't hear about it until after the event. Then its always someone connected with Customs or the local Police who has scored a bargain.
    Honi soit qui mal y pense

THE St. Lucian captain of the vessel that was caught on Saturday (Sept. 1) in the Federation’s territorial waters carrying a large quantity of cocaine was sentenced to serve two years with hard labour at Her Majesty’s Prison.

The captain, 56-year-old Vincent Clerice of Marigot, St. Lucia, appeared last Wednesday (Sept. 5) before Her Worship Josephine Mallalieu-Webbe at the Basseterre Magistrate’s Court to answer to the charges of possession of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to supply to another and importation of cocaine into the Federation.

Clerice pleaded guilty to all three charges but was convicted for importation of cocaine into the Federation and sentenced to two years imprisonment with hard labour.

He was also fined EC$1,000,000,00 (about £231,500.00) to be paid in nine months and, if in default, will have to serve an additional four-year term in prison with hard labour.

The Chief Magistrate also ordered that the vessel involved in the transshipment of the illicit drugs be forfeited to the Crown and be advertised in the local media for sale at a public auction.
    . . .
    RELAX, Rum may not be the answer, but nor is water or juice. Now what is your Question?

“Further evaluation of the drug revealed that it was 134.108 kilograms at an estimated street value of EC$11,816,255.00.”
    , , ,

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post

They are sold via "The Queens Warehouse" after everything has been to court..
    I did contact them once abbout a boat I was interested in, actually in Dover, so it is possible to make a bid.. The problem is that timescales are very long..
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast