Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Decided to do things a bit different, and left at 1500 BST (1600 off the outer breakwater by the time we'd refuelled etc). Was cooking bacon butties in the mouth of Southampton Water at 0800 this morning, and have just stepped out of the shower at home after unpacking the boat and giving her a good clean.

Cheers to Russell for being short-notice crew and making Kindred Spirit's second Scuttlebutt jaunt possible. The vomit on the dodgers was perfectly excusable (anyone can be seasick, and that was a pretty brief and well-controlled episode) - but pissing on my charts (on the chart table) may take longer to live down

Pete

Had an e mail from Magali Harmon from the marina. If anyone has any photos of the event (I guess relevant to the marina) can you let me know and I will PM you Magali's e mail address so that you can send them to her.

Quote Originally Posted by moodyNick View Post
    As he was wearing only underpants at the time, I had deliberately forgotten about that ..... and you want to cherish it for years
    Why do you think I was looking at his face?
    Itis apis spotanda bigon etoo

Quote Originally Posted by Cardo View Post
    I didn't have any ill feelings towards Pinnacle as he passed us on the entrance to the Solent having left 3 hours after us. No, I wasn't bitter at all! :P

The return leg was one night I'll never forget. Alone (when prv was sleeping), surfing down the rollers in close quarters to tankers in the shipping lanes on a night when it was so dark I relied on the compass horizon to assure me we were still vaguely upright! Wow!

About the piss on the chart table; entirely because the heads are too small for a 5yr old, and there's no way I'm hanging off the mizzen mast shrouds in those conditions. I was trying to piss in a water bottle, but prv's helming caused me to lose my footing and I accidentally squeezed the bottle and launched said piss everywhere - including all over me. You did say Imray charts were waterproof.

A fantastic weekend, and something major ticked off my list of things to do before I die - a Channel crossing, not pissing all over the place. Pete was a brilliant skipper - a pleasure to sail with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ru88ell View Post
    entirely because the heads are too small for a 5yr old, and there's no way I'm hanging off the mizzen mast shrouds in those conditions.
    Quite right - I'd have told you not to if you'd tried it

I usually use the bucket in such circumstances, your bottle idea was an improvement on that which I'll adopt in future.

But, stick to using it in the cockpit rather than the cabin in future, I think

I'll have bought an updated edition of that chart by the next time I'm going that way anyway. And they are indeed mostly water-resistant, so no harm actually done.

Glad you enjoyed it. Somewhat shocked to hear myself described as a "brilliant skipper" . I still think of myself as a near-beginner in that department.

Did you still want that stew recipe?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by prv View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it. Somewhat shocked to hear myself described as a "brilliant skipper" . I still think of myself as a near-beginner in that department.
    Great purveyor of Stilton, mind you .....

Quote Originally Posted by jhr View Post
    Great purveyor of Stilton, mind you .....
    And gin

Pete

How could I have forgotten that?

Although having earlier planed to leave around 1600 we decide to set off at 1000 to enjoy the sunshine. We started out with little wind, but after around 2 hours the wind had veered and strengthened to 20knts gusting 23. This would have been OK except we had a quartering sea which made this a little uncomfortable. We did record a max speed through the water of 9.3 knts and a max SOG of 11.7knts whilst surfing.

We had to change course 6 times for commercial shipping, just about the most I have had to do.
    'The will of the people' = The will of a few fanatics who have duped the unsuspecting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12