Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cockpit table

killick is offline Registered User

Default cockpit table

The cockpit of my Sadler 26 is to small to house a permanent table.Does anyone have a suggestion how a diy folding table can be fitted? I have the same problem in the cabin where the bunk has to be converted into a table[caravan style] Any suggestions for a folding table?
    Last edited by killick; 07-10-12 at 12:22.

mdonnelly is offline Registered User

I have a Lagun table for my cockpit. Was a bit expensive but very usable. Stows flat against a bulkhead in an aft cabin when not in use.
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274339

idomeneus5 is offline Registered User

years ago on the motorboat monthly mag site i saw a cockpit table that collasped in similar fashion to how an ironing board folds flat to the floor, you might need to raise the floor a bit to accomodate the folded/flattened table, on my current motor boat i have a round aluminium deck plate (low profile) it has a central threaded socket, aluminiun leg 2inch diameter screws into this, , has a removable fitting on top to fit to underside of table. takes 2-3 mins to dis mount /' remount, bought it all here in australia from chandlery, about A$ 85-90. approx 50 quid, (i think) should be available in uk. cheers peter. (ps taking them with me to the new yacht)

prv is online now Registered User

Whatever you do, don't do what the previous owner of my boat did and use the tiller for part of the table mounting. The slightest wave or swirl of current and the table rocks from side to side

Pete

I bought one of the Lagun tables .... large one with formica type finish (shame on me) and teak (?) fiddles round the edges which I've varnished 4 coats. The wholly wooden finished one was nicer, and more expensive, and would have needed varnishing anyway but this one looks ok and it doesn't matter if I leave it out overnight in the rain or dew. With an extra bracket it can be used down below as well which I've considered, my existing cabin table being a bit of a monster. It was expensive (230?) but you've only got to buy it once .... I'm going to keep it for my next boat!

VicS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by killick View Post
    The cockpit of my Sadler 26 is to small to house a permanent table.Does anyone have a suggestion how a diy folding table can be fitted? I have the same problem in the cabin where the bunk has to be converted into a table[caravan style] Any suggestions for a folding table?
    Something along these lines perhaps

Cockpit table fixed on the mainsheet horse:

Cabin table:

Alternative position:

Stowed away in the fore peak:

Sea Wych Owners Association: www.Seawych.org

Caravan removeable/stowable leg, worked on a couple of my previous boats.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Tab...item23227d5418

Add your own table top. Around 20 quid.

Can't help with saloon table.

What I did for a cockpit table was-measure the available space i.e. footwell in the cockpit. Go to a large camping/caravanning place, find a table in aluminium that fits almost exactly. Top was made of aluminium slats so rolls up for storage, frame folds up small as well. Cost if I remember about 45, job done.

HTH

Zagato is offline Registered User

This design idea is useful sometimes for a tiny shelf, to a step to a table etc

mdonnelly is offline Registered User

Zagato, do you have a working model?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast