Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051

Default Re: 2019 Light Dues.

Quote Originally Posted by 25931 View Post
    The fee is not only for lights but also for buoyage. I suspect that for many people the buoys are more important than the lights but the entrance to a channel can be a bit tricky too although I agree that lighthouses are less important than they used to be.
    Very true but as we know buoyage around The Algarve is sparse at not always that reliable - as visitors sometimes discover!

For many years entry to The Guadiana was a case in point but of late it has improved.

In this case I suspect Spain & Portugal hold each other responsible but little comfort of you end up on the training wall (on the Spanish side)
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver. Hoping for the best whilst planning for the worst✔️

Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post
    Very true but as we know buoyage around The Algarve is sparse at not always that reliable - as visitors sometimes discover!

For many years entry to The Guadiana was a case in point but of late it has improved.

In this case I suspect Spain & Portugal hold each other responsible but little comfort of you end up on the training wall (on the Spanish side)
    Doubt if any of that will get you a discount...... "But I don't look at the lights or buoys, I should pay less!"

Quote Originally Posted by GHA View Post
    Doubt if any of that will get you a discount...... "But I don't look at the lights or buoys, I should pay less!"
    Agree.

Better still don't sail in the dark after beer '0clock. Rather than pick up one of their's I would prefer to drink from my pot. Then there all all of those 'bits of string' in the water so after dark, if not in the bar, I will be at least 5nm off shore all around the Iberian Coast.

But back to topic - As said before, it will be interesting to see how emandvee44 gets on at the Portimao Capitania?

See Greeny managed to get a good deal; wonder where that was?
    Last edited by nortada; 17-04-19 at 11:01.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver. Hoping for the best whilst planning for the worst✔️

From South Devon, living SE coast Spain, boat in Algarve

Red face Re: 2019 Light Dues.

But back to topic - As said before, it will be interesting to see how emandvee44 gets on at the Portimao Capitania?

M & V just back from the Capitania - do not go there! - They will charge 70 for 6 months for foreigners, and I asked them to confirm that it was for 6 months, not one year. The very nice lady did say sorry, but what could she do.

Ours is due in June so may look at other options (like leaving the country)

Cheers,

Michael.
    Bavaria 44
    Retro navigation - the way forward

Default Re: The Truth About Sailing On The Algarve

Bad news so where did Green go❓

Default Re: The Truth About Sailing On The Algarve

Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post
    Bad news so where did Green go❓
    Paid 8.50 for a portuguese registered rib earlier this year. Last time I paid for the SSR sailing boat was last year around June time and it was 11.50. It's obviously gone up now. Both these payments were at Portimao but sounds like they've increased their prices as have the rest. I'll recheck the paperwork for the rib next time i'm down at the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by emandvee44 View Post

M & V just back from the Capitania - do not go there! - They will charge €70 for 6 months for foreigners, and I asked them to confirm that it was for 6 months, not one year. The very nice lady did say sorry, but what could she do.

Ours is due in June so may look at other options (like leaving the country)

Cheers,

Michael.
    Thanks for that warning. I'll keep away from Portimao this year. Don't understand where the 6 months came from though if the list published earlier in the thread is correct. I'll make some discreet enquiries and try to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    Thanks for that warning. I'll keep away from Portimao this year. Don't understand where the 6 months came from though if the list published earlier in the thread is correct. I'll make some discreet enquiries and try to find out.
    I took it straight from the Diario da Republica so more correct would be difficult to find. As has been seen in the past not all Capitanias are efficient.
    Dum spiro spero. Cras ingens iterabimus aequor.

Quote Originally Posted by 25931 View Post
    As has been seen in the past not all Capitanias are efficient.
    Think that is what some of us are banking on❗️
    Last edited by nortada; Yesterday at 19:48.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051