Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At work!!
    Posts
    1,416

    Default Antifouling Results

    Just thought this might be of some interest.......

    We keep our boat at Mercury and she's been lifted out today at Hamble Point Marine (what a great job the guys there did, really took care whilst lifting / pressure washing & chocking off) and thought I'd let you know what the fouling was like on her bum.

    We use Cruiser Uno on her, we tend to boat in the 22 to 25 knot speed range with the odd blast to 35 knots!!

    Well when she was lifted her bum was as clean as a whistle!! She's been in since the start of March, had plenty of use this year but not moved for the last 8 weeks due to my mother passing away.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire - London & South Coast
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Hi Paul sorry to hear about your mum

    Your Boat looks great as you say nice clean bum - is she out for the winter now

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At work!!
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LionsDen View Post
    Hi Paul sorry to hear about your mum

    Your Boat looks great as you say nice clean bum - is she out for the winter now
    Thanks for your kind words.

    Yep we are ashore now till March the 1st, shame to miss the winter boating but it's been truely horrible putting the winter canopy on, moving down to Hamble Point and un loading in the wind and rain.......

    Glad to be home with a glass of wine now!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boat (Southampton)
    Posts
    8,203

    Default

    You're welcome to get your winter fix on ours when that winter sun shines through Paul, we're staying in
    Last edited by oGaryo; 20-11-12 at 23:04.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stratford on Avon
    Posts
    11,208

    Default

    She does look clean and tidy. A credit to you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    563

    Default Feeling better

    Hi there
    Sorry to hear about your mum.it can take a while but you will feel better & just remember the happy times.
    I hate it when we put M M to bed for the winter.
    Regards MM1.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Home=Surrey / Boat=Hamble
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Hi Paul

    Seabird got lifted out at HPM last week, the guys there do a superb job, it is the best value part of MDL marina services offered IMO. We are up at Sea Ventures beside my parents boat,

    Have used Interspeed Ultra the last few years and that has been excellent, but have decided to use Cruiser Uno this year, so thanks for your feedback! Where about's is Fairways?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At work!!
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oGaryo View Post
    You're welcome to get your winter fix on ours when that winter sun shines through Paul, we're staying in
    Thanks Gary, can't wait to see your new toy ASAP. Likewise if your in need of a lying on your back whilst antifouling kind of fix...........

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At work!!
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mm1 View Post
    Hi there
    Sorry to hear about your mum.it can take a while but you will feel better & just remember the happy times.
    I hate it when we put M M to bed for the winter.
    Regards MM1.
    Thanks, very much so. I brought my dad down to the boat last Wednesday to start the winter unloading and as the sun was shining we had a cheeky blast up Southampton water...... It was the first time I've seen my dad smile in 4 weeks, so it just goes to show what a day of boating life can do for. We then sat in the ketch rigger remembering my parents boats as I grew up and all the happy family times we had........

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At work!!
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly625 View Post
    Hi Paul

    Seabird got lifted out at HPM last week, the guys there do a superb job, it is the best value part of MDL marina services offered IMO. We are up at Sea Ventures beside my parents boat,

    Have used Interspeed Ultra the last few years and that has been excellent, but have decided to use Cruiser Uno this year, so thanks for your feedback! Where about's is Fairways?
    Hi James,

    They truely do. So careful and competent, also very very polite to me. A pleasure to be around them and watch them work.

    Don't know where she'll end up yet. We ran out of light once they'd put her in the cradle, so they moved her to near the seastart place, but said they would finish the job today. Wanted to move a couple of smaller boats so fairways wouldn't have to be moved again until march.

    Yes I did us interspeed but liked the idea of the one coat, erodible, cheaper anti foul. Was skeptical if it would come off with us being at the top end of its speed range, but as they pressure washed yesterday there was a lovely flow of blue water coming off the hull, so plenty still left on and no massive build up each year of paint.

    Just thought it would be of interest to people as we are all guessing what to use each year for better results.

    I may give your prop spray a go myself, I normaly just lift the drive and clean my props by hand....... But if it helps save a job, got to be worth a try.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to