Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Quote Originally Posted by Appledore View Post
    Hope you guys won't mind me butting in here, notwithstanding the OP isn't now looking for a Macwester at all!

I have a Macwester Rowan (22 footer) and, yes it's heavy, over 2 tons! Wouldn't have been even on any list of boats to look at let alone first choice. Actually she was wrecked in Newton Ferrers and declared an insurance write-off. I bought her for less than 300!

On my first 'overseas' trp to the Channel Islands we were hit by severe weather (sent by the Fench!) and I soon gave our little bathtub a great deal of respect.

Returning from Guernsey this summer ( yes, we did have one) we were averaging between 5 and 6 knots towards Plymouth, getting in 3 hours ahead of ETA. And in September, between Mevagissey and Fowey we almost reached 7 knots (OTG) and that was towing the inflatable!

Mind you, for close quarter work I do rely on my Yanmar!

Geoff
    You tell-em Geoff

Default Re: Macwester Seaforth

Hi there, did the Macwester owners who posted here know that there is a Macwester Owners association?

Like minded souls who value the space of a Macwester and the solidity of build, the ability to venture into waters shallow (Western Haven, Newport, Isle of Wight anyone?) and the reassurance in a blow despite the paucity of performance (except with said blow down your backside!).

My family having been having the performance vs Mac debate for 40 years now... The Macwester 26 is still winning!

(My other boat is a Wayfarer)

A friend is selling his late fathers' immaculately maintained Macwester 30' ketch if anyone is interested, she's certainly a solid boat in heavy seas.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring Macwester View Post
    Hi there, did the Macwester owners who posted here know that there is a Macwester Owners association?
    (My other boat is a Wayfarer)
    Yes, been a member for almost 30 years. Well worth joining the Association.

Thinking of downsizing to a Macwester 22,the one I tried sailed very well!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567