Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tranona View Post
    Oh boy! If you thought reactions to a Macwester were vitriolic, ain't nothing compared with what will be unleashed when folks know its a McGregor your mate is considering.
    I know.

I made that bit up.

But don't tell anybody just yet.

Oooh you are awful; but I like you
    Grow old disgracefully, it's more fun

McGregor?!

Suddenly Macwesters seem like Halberg Rasseys; "load the cannon, Smithers ! "
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas123 View Post
    The thread is actually about one Macwester the Macwester seaforth.Anybody who thinks they are all the same knows bugger all about boats.
    Wow! Touchy aren't we! I was trying to do the op a favour and get back on subject.

Okay. In my opinion the Macwester Seaforth is such a heavy old skip that I advise your pal to buy a Rocna to go with, as that is the only anchor that can possibly hold it, and anyone who thinks otherwise knows bugger all about the - what was it?- oh yes the Macwester Seaforth.

[sits back to warm hands on the burning flames of the thread]

Default Macwester Seaforth

The Macwester Seaforth does what it says on the tin. Honest heavy Motor Sailor which makes an ideal family boat. The cockpit is deep and safe with built in wheel house. Agree sailing performance is not the best and at times assistance from the motor is required, but the ability to take the ground and explore drying creeks and shallow harbors is what some of us look for. Macwester Owners can always find a shallow anchorage and avoid the 30 pounds a night Marinas. There cannot be a lot wrong with the Seaforth as we have owned ours for over 30 years. How many of those running the Macwester brand down can enjoy nights in Christchurch, Wareham, Fareham, Newport (IOW) Ryde. Totness, Truro, Porthleven and Mousehole.

Perhaps we Macwester owners have our own brand of sailing,.

Quote Originally Posted by bitbaltic View Post
    Wow! Touchy aren't we! I was trying to do the op a favour and get back on subject.
    I know you were my comment was'nt aimed at you & I also know that seajet for the most part just goes in for a bit of leg pulling but some things are beyond the pale......& talking of beyond the pale.
    The notion that Westerlies are better fitted out than Macwesters certainly falls into that category.Just don't go there Centuar owners!

Quote Originally Posted by iowman View Post
    Definitely.No nonsense practical down to earth & a bull**** free environment is what we strive for

& it also has to be free of charge
    Last edited by Nicholas123; 14-12-12 at 11:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    McGregor?!

Suddenly Macwesters seem like Halberg Rasseys; "load the cannon, Smithers ! "
    You may be right Seaject, judging on seagoing capabilities, perhaps Macwesters are actually Halberg Rasseys under different name

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN FANTASTIC View Post
    You may be right Seaject, judging on seagoing capabilities, perhaps Macwesters are actually Halberg Rasseys under different name
    Right,

in the same way that my ex girlfriend is a cross between Bo Derek and a young Felicity Kendal and owns a pub and a boatyard !
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by iowman View Post
    The Macwester Seaforth does what it says on the tin. Honest heavy Motor Sailor which makes an ideal family boat. The cockpit is deep and safe with built in wheel house. Agree sailing performance is not the best and at times assistance from the motor is required, but the ability to take the ground and explore drying creeks and shallow harbors is what some of us look for. Macwester Owners can always find a shallow anchorage and avoid the 30 pounds a night Marinas. There cannot be a lot wrong with the Seaforth as we have owned ours for over 30 years. How many of those running the Macwester brand down can enjoy nights in Christchurch, Wareham, Fareham, Newport (IOW) Ryde. Totness, Truro, Porthleven and Mousehole.

At last an honest, informed opinion. I looked at the "Clipper Marine" Seaforth early this year. I think the boat is ideal for creek crawling on the East Coast. This example looked scruffy inside and needs a major update. The engine is meant to have been refurbished (or something to that effect|) but looks like an old tired engine which could do with taking out and rebuilding. The wiring was all over the place. Maybe at 17,500 it would have been worth considering.

I did go to France and look at another that had a 4/5 year old Nanni engine but the rest of the boat was a complete tip. The owner proudly showed me the 5 year old sails which were all damp and full of mildew and still stuffed in a locker where they had been for 4 months. There were more things that didn't work on that boat that did.....windscreen wipers........"oh yes they haven't worked for a good few years.........but I find that I don't need them"...etc...etc!!

I like the layout, a cracking doghouse and cockpit, just the right size, sizeable rear cabin. Reasonable size main cabin. Shallow draft and great for skanking over East Coast sand/mud banks. I bought a Colvic Atlanta Mullion 32 as it had been completely refurbished but prefer the design on the Seaforth.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast