Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diesel duty

Default Diesel duty

Hi guys does anyone know if and when the duty on diesel is likely to go up, and if so what would it do to desirability of smaller diesel engined boats!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Default Re: Diesel duty

Can I politely suggest you do a search on this forum using say "red" and "diesel" and you will find that there ahve been quite a lot of threads on it some quite recent

<hr width=100% size=1>

Already did the search nothing came up!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

"My formula for success is rise early, work late and strike oil."

1) Probably.
    2) 2007 I think ?
    3) Expect it will devalue them, by how much I've no idea. There will still be some advantages with diesels.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Being in the North Ireland coast I wonder If the 2007 duty revision will only effect UK or other European Member Countries. Thirty minutes west of where I keep my boat I can visit Donegall (Although being in the south, Donegall is the most Northerly point in Ireland !!) there I can fill up with green diesel even cheaper than red. More Important than cost when I buy coloured diesel I know I am not destroying my engines by feeding them laundered rubbish.

<hr width=100% size=1>
    Work ? don't be daft , the suns out.

Don't know for sure but I thought that the UK had got special dispensation til 2007. Didn't realise it was also the same situation in Eire.
    I suspect they will have to comply as well, sooner or later. It's pretty certain that even if they do, you'll still be able to get fuel significantly cheaper over the border, you lucky man.
    How apt that the colour of the Irish liquid is green [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<hr width=100% size=1>

93p per litre diesel according to RYA
    83p per litre petrol (Berthon fuel barge local to me)

I reckon 50% devaluation in diesel boats overnight, and UK market will become like US market with many large petrol engined boats capable of decent speeds, and without huge clouds of smoke billowing across neighbouring boats in marinas the whole boating scene will become a lot more pleasant!

The chandlers will take a hammering however, and many more will go out of business, as without people buying all sorts of different cleaning products in attempts to clean sterns, transoms, and dinghies, their profit margins will collapse

<hr width=100% size=1>There is no such thing as "fun for the whole family."

I do think it will be the death of most big boats, but a hell of a lot of them are company owned and they claim the tax back anyway! A lot more will just pop over to france and fill up or the channel islands, they marinas will be the same, the boats will just not move as much, they hardly do anyway! Most being weekend cottages. Sailing types wont be affected that much. But surely they will have to do something about harmonising fuel prices throughout europe, I can see the french putting up with dieselat UK prices, like hell theyd burn down parliament! Maybe ours aswell with luck, with all the arseholes in there!

<hr width=100% size=1>
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

If it didn't taka a tank of squirt to get to Bethon from poole and back I'd got there for petrol. Beats the pound a litre I'm paying in Poole. Think I'll stick to the pub car park with a length of rubber tube and jerry cans. Don't cost anything but don't half make your lipd burn............now I know how the wife feels!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast