Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diesel duty

Default Re: Diesel duty

Now there's an idea. Remember the RYA questionnaire? Add another question? 'Would you be willing to go on a March in London to protest the abolition of Diesel tax exemptions, and burn down the Houses of Parliament with all the aholes still inside?'

Could make for an interesting set of results

<hr width=100% size=1>There is no such thing as "fun for the whole family."

I already pay tax on the diesel I use, being in the meddy, but if theres any revolting to be done, I`m yer man! Been revolting most of my life! I would also love to singe the arses of most of those thieving, lying bastards in that house. Also the ones who have made the irish sea the most radioactive in the world, along with numerous other things, one of them taking us into an unwinable war, that nobody in their right mind wanted! The bastards!! Rant not over, just taking breath!! That arsehole Bluuuur! with a fat useless bully as his right hand man! Prescat. He wasnt even a very good steward!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Personal hate 'with a fat useless bully as his right hand man! Prescat' put in a bus lane on the M4 into London that's empty everytime I'm stuck in a jam. Drove down it once when totatlly fed up, and got victory signs the whole way &lt;g&gt;

<hr width=100% size=1>There is no such thing as "fun for the whole family."

Two jags also cancelled a lot of the planned by-passes (e.g. hindhead) that the same incompetents are now saying that should have been built years ago.

<hr width=100% size=1>
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
    Robert A Heinlein

Default No difference

As so few people use their boats for any serious cruising I think the impact will be minimal.
    The justification for the increase to 90p is crazy as so much of the tax on fuel is meant to go to maintenance of roads.

Personally I shall pop over to France or Channel Islands to fill up properly and just use UK suppliers for occasional mid season top ups.
    In fact, thinking about it, with the cost of UK marinas it would probably be the final push I need to move the boat to CI or France permanently.

Up yours Mr Prescott, or whoever!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Surely any increase will only be in line with european prices. As it's the EU that is putting on the preasure they can't complain at equal price??? And I doubt if the Government will whack all the duty on in one go, the hike will be spread over a few years. Hopefully.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Default Re: No difference?

Agree in principle but it's a bugger for those of us that do use it.
    I pay around 2.2k a year all in excluding depreciation and fuel for my boating (oh and excluding beer as well)

I do around 220h per year and average 4gph - currently at 27ppl. Very roughly that puts my fuel costs up from 1000 to 3700. OK thats only 2700 but I also drive to Poole at 300 miles round trip but have Gatwick next door and the channel tunnel not far the other way.
    Factor in the mobile home used as a base with the boat in Poole, shake vigerously, and out comes
    "sell up day boat / caravan and buy floating mobile home in Med near cheap airport".
    I cannot be alone in this sort of equation - many will already have the larger craft and have higher fuel costs so the move will be easier.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Don't be silly!! That would mean that Whitehall are a caring and reasonable crowd - think again[img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<hr width=100% size=1>

If the prices are going up inline with Europe, does that mean beer, wine, fags and petrol are coming down ??????????????
    Sorry forgot marina fees !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

<hr width=100% size=1>
    Kddpowercentre VASR charge

GOOD MAN!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That M4 bus lane winds me up as well!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

The fat c&^% should have concrete boots and dropped on bramble bank so at certain tides he can be seen as a warning to any other stupid, blubbering government officials!!

Ahhh, thats better....

<hr width=100% size=1>Alex

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mad-als.com>http://www.mad-als.com</A>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12