Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Confidential reporting

what is your position in the RNLI?

Yeah, i realise i have read it a bit wrong, but you must understand that where i am from is a fishing town & you hear of lot of stories like this against the fisherman & i=t causes a lot of problems.

But my question is what can the RNLI do to help? I'm not really sure i follow, is just that you would like to see the issue in the stats or do you want a campaign etc?

Regards

With regard to legality should not the local Harbour Byelaws be checked to see if pots etc. can actually be laid in or around fairways ?

Local RNLI crew here have spent 2 or 3 recent training evenings plotting the unlit temporary racing bouys onto the charts so if there's a shout at night or in low vis hopefully they won't hit them at 18 knots. They re around the size of a 50 gallon drum but 1/2 submerged and some are predominantly black... should they be reported/removed?

I know which will do most damage.

PW

Default Re: Calshot - Lepe

I wasn't aware this zone was "no go", just that there was a "moving prohibited zone" around big ships in the precautionary area...

dv.

Sorry Kim, confidential reporting seems to me to a bit of a distraction. Ref my previous post. Why not use the might of your publication or the higher power of the RYA to mount a test case using Health & Safety at Work legislation e.g. "putting a person at risk by your actions" to pursue the cowboys who call themselves seafarers? Or are is an old moaning point just good for easy copy? I'm not aware that the H&S at Work act differs from land to sea.
    jjtop

which bit of the legislation do you propose using?

I can't see ipc's lawyers willing get involved in expensive legal battles trying to set precedents. It's not a boating magazines role to set legal precedent. More of an RYA thing I would have thought, and even then they tend to work more by behind the scenes discussion than litigation

Sorry for not responding earlier but we've had problems with BB installation (BT) we are now hopefully replying at warp factor 8.
    legislation:
    The bit that says you must not, by your actions, put people at risk within your workplace.
    IPC & RYA:
    Both are money making operations with interests in selling copy or service. From my point of view I think they are a long way behind the scene.
    JJTOP

Your reply makes no sense. Most people here are leisure boaters. How would this legislation apply to them. or where else do you propose to try to use this legislation.

Dear Vulcan I spend most of my life responding to B/S and recognise your reply. As a mere boaty person or a fully paid up member of the general public you are entitled to the protection of current H &S legislation: air, land, sea or deep space.
    Beam me up if I'm incorrect.
    jjtop

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast