Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It could be worth the OP contacting Grafozz, it would be nearer to the airport as well.

Hi,Grafozz was helpful to me last year for me when looking to pick up crew on Cephalonia ,the harbour near the airport was ideal for us.I will be using it again to pick up again later this year . - grafozz it was nice to meet you on the quay as well!

Quote Originally Posted by cmogs View Post
    . . . . the harbour near the airport was ideal for us.I will be using it again to pick up again later this year
    Do you mean Agia Pelagia? Own anchor there . . .
    JimB
    jimbsail.info helps Skippers plan Europe Cruises

Quote Originally Posted by jimbaerselman View Post
    Yes ,thats the one moored, against the quay only small fishing boatrs and 2 others, plenty of space available.

Unless you can swim down 6 feet! there are huge concrete blocks laid around the harbour, each one will support a few yachts

Quote Originally Posted by Davy_S View Post
    Unless you can swim down 6 feet! there are huge concrete blocks laid around the harbour, each one will support a few yachts
    Ooops. That'll soon be filled with a few Gypsies then . . .
    JimB
    jimbsail.info helps Skippers plan Europe Cruises

Default Re: Short term mooring Cephalonia or Zakinthos

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but wondering if anything has changed for 2019?
    We are relatively new to Ionian and wonder if there is anywhere in Cephalonia/Zakinthos where we can safely leave our 45ft, 2m draft monohull for all of August? We would like to return to Edinburgh for the month, using Jet2 direct flights from Cephalonia.
    Last year we did the northern Ionian and the yacht went ashore at Ionian Marine in Preveza for August. We travelled to Scotland via bus to Athens - pita. This year we want to explore south of Preveza. Any suggestions for 2019 August mooring and UK travel from southern Ionian?

None of the mentioned island has a "marina", it's indeed a pity!

You might find somebody who could look after your boat while you leave it in the derelict marina of Cephalonia. However, I don't think Agia Pelagia is an option for such a long time, especially unattended.

In the main harbour of Zakynthos, there is a guy offering gardiennage services. It's called yachting club Zakynthos or something like that. In the end, I always went back to Preveza when leaving the boat for a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardmy View Post
    None of the mentioned island has a "marina", it's indeed a pity!

You might find somebody who could look after your boat while you leave it in the derelict marina of Cephalonia. However, I don't think Agia Pelagia is an option for such a long time, especially unattended.

In the main harbour of Zakynthos, there is a guy offering gardiennage services. It's called yachting club Zakynthos or something like that. In the end, I always went back to Preveza when leaving the boat for a month or so.
    Has anything come of the Vasiliki marina? There is a ferry from there I believe to cephalonia so that you can use the airpflights there.

I would urge you not to leave it anywhere on an anchor even if under guadianage. Only on lazy lines would I consider leaving my boat.
    I would personally go back to Prevesa yards or perhaps Vliho bay.

Remember that there is also uncertainty over whether the Cruising tax (TEPAI) will come in this year on 2nd April. At the moment it look like the yacht will have to be out of the Water and out of Use to not pay the monthly charge. This is a ridiculous situation that they are still arguing this with only 2 months to go till April 2nd.

A bit of an update regarding Ferries, at the moment from Kefalonia you can get to Vassiliki, Nidri, Ithaki, Patras, Astakos and Kylini , there is rumoured to be a new connection between Sami and Messolongi starting in May, it could be of use to folks as another transport/flight route.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast